The game crashes when loading different saves, help needed

wildbeaver

[ SOLVED ] New vegas anti crash was the solution

Whenever I open the game up I can load any save without issues, eg. I load a save in megaton and all saves created in that location work just fine. The problem appears when I try to load a save from a different location, some dungeon for example, then the game starts to load and crashes at the very end where normally loading screen would disappear. The other way around, if I load a dungeon save first the megaton one will give me a crash etc. This doesn't happen 100% of the time but after playing for a while, even a few minutes, it's almost guaranteed to crash and it's super annoying to restart the game every time to load a save. I tried running the game without enb, sorting the load order manually and with loot, archiveinvalidation is enabled, nothing works. I'm using win 7 64 bit, the multi thread command in the ini is enabled. Any ideas?

Edited by wildbeaver

Alright, additional info :

Now that you said loot doesnt work good I sorted my order again with boss, here is what it looks like now ( it still crashes between saves )

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
ThePitt.esm
Zeta.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
SShop.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
gas masks of the world FO3.esm
CanHasRecoil.esp
Old tommy.esp
Responsive Kill Reactions.esp
no blur on hit.esp
Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp
DynamicCrosshair.esp
Flora Overhaul.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp
RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp
Millenia_AKS74U.esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
RH_FWE_Bridge.esp
Millenia_AK47_replacer.esp
FirstPersonGunFollowCrosshairs.esp
FasterWaiting.esp
Night_Lighting.esp
Directional PipLight.esp
Wasteland Soldier Armor.esp
LeatherBackpack - eng.esp
JackoMilitaryEquipment1.esp
NoUndiscoveredCompassMarkers(kalniel).esp
bobbing.esp
Player Animations - Food & Drink (FWE).esp
GasMasks.esp
Sit Anywhere.esp
SShopItems.esp
Placable Lights v2.2.esp
HelmPOV.esp
Dynamic Third Person Camera.esp
GunImpactLODIncreased.esp
Assaultrifle_replacers_WMK+RH+FWE.esp
Higher Vehicle Health.esp
PortableMattress.esp
reload sounds.esp
SCAR 7.62 fix.esp
3rd person camera swap mod.esp
ShellRain.esp
fgScrapMetalCrafting.esp
MegatonHouseExtraStorageSG.esp
Scavenger World - FWE Edition Fix.esp
Moshman's Wasteland Ambiance.esp
TinCanCRAFTing.esp
PureWater-LittleRad-.esp
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
Weather.esp
FWE weapon fixes.esp
Merged Patch.esp
My game directory is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty
I launch the game through steam with a modified fose shortcut
I use fomm
game version 1.7.0.3
It's a steam version, I think gfwl is disabled by default, I don't remember doing anything to disable it and it doesn't work in game anyway
1.1.036 geck ( fose version )
also using stutter remover and LAAE
specs, win 7 64 bit
i5 4 cores
8 gb ram
gpu 2 gb

Since you are using FOMM, why are you launching the game through Steam? FO3 has never needed Steam to run, since Steam is only a seller of the game. Just launch the game through FOMM using the Launch FOSE button.

The only thing I can see wrong with the load order is "ThePitt" should be between "Anchorage" and "BrokenSteel".

Are you launching the game, pausing it and they trying to start another save? If so, I have never been able to do that and always stopped the game and started another one.

Did you edit the Fallout.ini that is located in the "Documents/My Games" folder by changing "bUseThreadedAI" to 1 and adding "iNumHWThreads=2"?

Edited by M48A5

You can set the game to launch through fose in steam launch options which is what I've been doing, there is no difference. ( I double checked to make sure ). Pitt is in fact between anchorage and broken steel, unless you meant it shouldn't be.

What do you mean by "Are you launching the game, pausing it and they trying to start another save? If so, I have never been able to do that and always stopped the game and started another one."

For example, I die, press esc, select a save from the list that is in a different location and it will give me the crash. When I first load the game up no save gives me any problems so it seems like it may be some memory related issue. There is another detail I forgot to mention - I can never exit to main menu properly once I load up a save, it will crash instantly. I found it may be related to not having a proper option selected when using stutter remover but mine was ok so I dont know. Those 2 crashes are probably related somehow

The load order in your original post does not show ThePitt in the correct location.

Have you tried NVAC-New Vegas Anti Crash? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/? It does indeed work with FO3.

I have never paused the game (Esc) if I die. I just waited until the game reloaded my last save. Since I have never experienced either of the crashes you are describing, I can't offer any help.

Edited by M48A5

Just for clarity, I never edited the load order I posted, I copied it from a txt file generated by fomm. From what I understand you said the pitt should be in between anchorage and broken steel? It was like this all the time since I used boss to sort.

As I said, loading the last save, even manually, isn't a problem as long as it's in the same location, so it would appear the game cannot handle having to load another big pack of data, so possibly some memory problem? I use a high res texturepack aswell.

I'm gonna give the nvac a try and update, thanks for the suggestion