Skyrim Castle MOD WIP

kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

IT WORKS!!!! exactly what i did above works. with esm and esp loaded it all works! i am going to continue with working on the mod :)

hell yeah! can't wait!

oh btw i also thought a mod i installed causes crashes but later i found out that bugs bake into your savegame if you have many mods installed and uninstalled in your save. oblivion didnt have the problem, skyrim unfortunately does -.- have to start playing all over again. boss and wrye bash didnt change anything. so sometimes just test your mod with a new charakter(if u havent tried out already). well i am very unexpreienced in modding, so sorry if this idea is nonsense :) just wanted to let you know that savegame corruption and ctds are common issues and bake into your savegame :)

keep up the awesome work !

trust me save games were amongst the issues i tested. i had a third party test it with no mods and save game. i also tested it with a brand new game start with no mods. i even tested it without a save game, coc into the game from main menu with no mods. nothing.... the response i got back from someone who looked it over was that i didnt know what i was doing interior wise or because of the navmeshes. skyrim is not as user friendly as the other 2 games were with unknowingly touching things. simple little things like not having interior cells line up right apparently can cause issues with the mod. you learn some you lose some. this mod has been a learning experience and i have something working now and will continue the mod.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a couple of changes to the initial post to reflect some changes i made.

The biggest change i want to note is the naming convention and the sections of the castle created. The castle will be broken up into 6 major sections or areas: The Great Hall, The Upper Hall, The West Wing, Dimentius Tower, Dzulfith, and The Cathedrals. More sections will be added later to include catacombs where most of the storyline will take place but as far as house playability these are the important ones. I have also renamed several cells to incorporate these changes and you can note those in the initial post. I still have a lot of interior work to do but i am hoping to have something working and uploaded, as far as a player house, by the end of April which is when I will be going on vacation for little under a month.

PS: is there a limit to how long a thread post can be? on 9 pages now and wonder if it has a cap.

Well very nice work and in if you want you had a lot of work ahed, creating NPC, quest, items lore etc, keep up the good work i will follow this wip, considering that is the only one very large (immense i will say) house mod out there :)

I made a couple of changes to the initial post to reflect some changes i made.

The biggest change i want to note is the naming convention and the sections of the castle created. The castle will be broken up into 6 major sections or areas: The Great Hall, The Upper Hall, The West Wing, Dimentius Tower, Dzulfith, and The Cathedrals. More sections will be added later to include catacombs where most of the storyline will take place but as far as house playability these are the important ones. I have also renamed several cells to incorporate these changes and you can note those in the initial post. I still have a lot of interior work to do but i am hoping to have something working and uploaded, as far as a player house, by the end of April which is when I will be going on vacation for little under a month.

PS: is there a limit to how long a thread post can be? on 9 pages now and wonder if it has a cap.

no i think there is no cap :)

Exterior Photo Opportunity

I had an opportunity to get in game to test some additions and changes I made to interior cells and thought I would share these photos :D

On another note, just came across a strange issue with one of my interiors. Going to post and ask about it later on the forums but basically it seems to throw me into "underwater" mode when I cross a certain area. A water texture is near-bye but not where I am walking at where it is causing this issue. The water I have is not even high enough for someone to be under water.

I am also not satisfied with the lighting and fog presence on the current cells I been working on so I will be working on that before I post pictures. The library is done and will be working on the study hall once I am done with the great hall.

And as a warning, all the pictures posted will not reflect the final project. As the project goes on, changes may be made either because of game conflicts, lighting issues, or additions that were added. Once I get a cell about 80% complete I will post pictures of it for a sneak peak. Most of what else needs to be added is clutter and finalizing the lighting and image spaces.

Edit: here is the link to the forum topic covering the issue: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/628797-multiple-water-levels-issue/

If this Is'nt fix I may have to scrap this cell.

Edited by kane4355