Ustengeav Depths problem

Furrylife

Hi

I am having a problem opening up the gate (operated by a pull chain), just after where I kill the Frost spider - also just after the 3 gates that u use the Shout to get through.

I cannot get it to operate

I have tried going from different save options...restarting computer etc, even going back to start of the quest, but i still get stuck, also have had a lot of issues with parts of the environment is missing, but here i reload and it often returns

I even unloaded any mods i had to see if that h4elped...but no

Can anyone suggest anything or if not, is there a way I can bypass this particular gate, where i go into this chamber?

I will be very grateful for any advice

thanks

Edited by Furrylife

hi

thank you for that useful link. It was inter4esting to see that there seems to be issues with this dungeon in general, but I did not see an answer to my problem of getting to gate to open

I wonder, if there is a way to enter a command line into my computer console to allow me to open the gate or even just be given the horn, so that i can continue on with the quest - it is to important to ignore i think?

Thanks for any help

like xlcr said, open the console and type "tcl" then just walk through the gate. Remember to type it in again to turn it off.

This command is very very useful for a variety of circumstances. Good one to know.

Edited by thompsonar

Just don't make this an habit, sometimes the quest may depend on an activator being ...well... activated and sometimes you may find yourself where was not supposed to be and do what was not supposed to do (at least yet) and again possibly breaking quests (remember the simple presence may trigger events with unforeseeable consequences).

i managed to get through the gate, as was suggested..thank you, but now when i get to the next door...metal one after tyhe short tunnel, the game seems to crash completely.

I have tried using autosave restart, but same happens and "tcl" does not work in this instance to get me though to next level chamber

any suggestions please?

well maybe it's like nosisab said and that one actually needs the activator. If you don't have an earlier save (before even entering the place) you may have to use the console. You can do a search of a wiki page to find details of the quest and the command line to progress it to a certain point.

That quest in particular has a certain point that would be perfect to jump to (but since this is the no spoilers section I don't want to go into detail). I've never used those console commands however so I can't tell exactly what to type.

thank you for yr helpful replies

I managed to find a way...tired going back to earlier saves without success, but i decided to untick all my mods and that seemed to work ok

Now on way back to Riverwood (i think lol)

thanks again