How does one update mods to War of the Chosen?

SteelRook

War of the Chosen just dropped, and it's a mod-pocalypse. Turns out they're not handling it like previous DLCs, but rather as a whole separate game with its own executable, config files and so on. The new launcher even has an option to display which mods will be compatible with War of the Chosen and which won't be. This leads me to suspect there's something about mods that's specific to War of the Chosen - something simple that the launcher can check for. Do we have any idea what that might be yet? The only mod I'm subscribed to which got updated to War of the Chosen was the Mod Options Menu, and that's displaying as OK in the launcher, but everything else has an exclamation point next to it. I had a look at the Mod Options Menu but I can't find anything specific to it.

So... What do we need to do in order to update our mods? What, specifically, when it doesn't seem like even ModBuddy itself has been updated.

Since posting this, I found out that there's a brand new SDK which will supposedly do this this for us. The trouble is I can't get it running. "Can't find one or more components." I was hoping I could use that to "recompile" my own mods, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

That subreddit seems to be the best place for XCOM 2 modding discussions. The Workshop page is either pretty dead (the Mods sub-forum, apart from the last couple of days of course) or too hectic (the main Discussion page). This site seemed to die pretty soon after release.

hmmm having trouble recompiling a mod that adds assets (UPK files). I recompiled another mod that was just scripting, just fine, but no idea how to do it for my main mod... If anyone finds out, please make sure to reply to this, and I'll do the same =P

EDIT: Starting to think this is not UPK related at all, but maybe because I'm overriding/extending one class...

EDIT2: Well, I found one of the source for the problems, and I'm almost 100% positive, that any mod that may add or edit Staff Slots, will be incompatible, the way they work was changed

Edited by Hyperplexed

• 1 month later...

T:\games\XCOM 2 War of the Chosen\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\Xcom2.exe

I set path in nexus mod to:

T:\games\XCOM 2 War of the Chosen\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64

but it say "path does not contain game EXE." which it clearly does lol, double click on T:\games\XCOM 2 War of the Chosen\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\Xcom2.exe starts the game, but nexus does not see it or something ? a way i can point to the exe instead of folder?
or am i doing something wrong, should it be launcher ? or original xcom2 or something ?

if too old thread then i blame google

Edited by Belnick

• 1 month later...

^^^ i am having the same problem, NMM will not find the game and no one seems to give an answer can somone please let us know, i removed all mods but one and keep trying others that i know worked with the origianl xcom 21. but since the xpansion i cant even get better camera rotation

• 5 months later...

So it's been some time since the last post. Did anyone came up with a working, simple-ish was to update vanilla mods to WotC ?
What I mean by simple-ish ? Resource Hacker\hex editing is a max.

I've read the provided info (updating the lot of them, is a no-go), added "RequiresXPACK=true" (does nothing but removes t
he exclamation point).

Why I don't wan't to update the usual way ? I've "tweaked" them a lot, and incorporated some of the changes into my own files, so I really don't want to do that again, especially since I probably forgot about half of what, and where I've done.