How does one update mods to War of the Chosen?

SteelRook

So it's been some time since the last post. Did anyone came up with a working, simple-ish was to update vanilla mods to WotC ?

What I mean by simple-ish ? Resource Hacker\hex editing is a max.

I've read the provided info (updating the lot of them, is a no-go), added "RequiresXPACK=true" (does nothing but removes t

he exclamation point).

Why I don't wan't to update the usual way ? I've "tweaked" them a lot, and incorporated some of the changes into my own files, so I really don't want to do that again, especially since I probably forgot about half of what, and where I've done.If you're after more than just "get it to work in the Firaxis launcher". I.e. a mod which doesn't work in game. Then you're looking at needing the SDK:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xcom2mods/comments/8e3apb/porting_vanilla_mods_to_wotc/

• 4 weeks later...

The Developers, in producing War of the Chosen, made a few (relatively) large changes and several (relatively) small tweaks to the "vanilla" source code ...

For most (those that don't conflict with changes/tweaks) "add-on" mods should (other than lacking a WotC "stamp") still work?

For any modification to the "vanilla" source (especially those that conflict with changes/tweaks) will put one back to getting the SDK and doing a (more or less) major re-write of the entire mod.

Regardless - due to directory-tree-locations - those that made tedious small manual changes to the "vanilla" files are going to need to go back and make all of those tedious small manual changes to another (the new WotC) set of files!