So I haven't bought a single thing from the Creation Club... but I have all their assets... (and so do you probaly.)

falloutkid12

this does not bode well for solid state drives, which are already pretty small, hell windows 10 and a few hundred mods and my ssd is almost full already.

so looks we are going to have to always play in offline mode,

Fallout 4 - updates - only update when i launch this game

then only play fallout 4 in offline mode

I think this has to be a glitch on Bethesda's part. There's no way they want to give us all the assets for these mods. It's just begging for them to be pirated. And as some have said, if we got all the assets for every CC mod, the realities of hard drive space would force many of us to uninstall Fallout 4 pretty soon, which means we obviously won't be buying from the CC. Bethesda's stupid enough to have a buggy af launch. They're not stupid enough to do this intentionally.

its possible, this type of practice has definitely been done before, where gaming companies would have their dlc already on your computer, but it would just be locked until you buy it, borderlands is 1 such game. this was most definitely a mistake, but it could be possible in how they are going to do it. (by this i mean the content is already on your computer, only it will be locked)

unless its going to be how it is done on consoles, where the player would click on the mods and then that takes them to an archive of them. makes more sense, but still. however this would then cost bethesda as they would need to pay for a server to host all of these mods. so it would then be risky, since they are then competing against free mods. and for us pc owners, theirs really no incentive to buy these mods, unless they blow us away, so for me personally they would have to be of high quality, and mainly quest mods. big quest mods. as i am very much against micro transactions. regardless of how they are trying to play it, it just seems like micro transactions to me, which should only be for mmo not single player games.

i don't know though, this update should of been optional, and not forced. as far as i am aware this update does not actually fix anything.

so here is hoping it does fix issues, that the game has many of. the texture corruption, and permanently low res textures are the ones i am really hoping has been fixed. very unlikely though. tried enb and many other fixes to no avail. still getting this, which is very annoying to say the least. especially when i have a lot of very high res textures that make the game look great, but then i occasionally come across textures that look like y2k era textures. you would think 20 gig of memory, as well as gtx 1070 and an i7 7700k would make these issues not existant, but no, you are at the mercy of a weak engine. (pretty salty as i cant even play the game until f4se gets updated)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is not locked, anyone with basic knowledge of the creation kit and BSA can create an esp for this cosmetic items. I do think this is not intentional unless they intend to remove the creation kit and stop free mods this makes no sense. Just think about it, why would people pay for something that they just need to make an esp themselves with the assets Bethesda gave us.

I just created my own version of their Fallout 3 Gauss Rifle using their assets, it works in game, all of the animations, models and textures work fine.

Technically, since everyone has access to these assets, I think I should be allowed to post it. Bethesda gave all of us the files for the CC mods in a free update, and so long as I do not re-upload these assets, I think everyone can use them in their own projects.

If Bethesda wants to complain, then they can blame themselves for being stupid enough to dump all of their garbage in my data folder and expecting me not to use it.

You want to build a Creation Club and make us pay for it in Hard Drive space and money? Alright, just don't complain when people make their own, free version of your CC mods using your assets that you gave them in a free update.

I just created my own version of their Fallout 3 Gauss Rifle using their assets, it works in game, all of the animations, models and textures work fine.

Technically, since everyone has access to these assets, I think I should be allowed to post it. Bethesda gave all of us the files for the CC mods in a free update, and so long as I do not re-upload these assets, I think everyone can use them in their own projects.

If Bethesda wants to complain, then they can blame themselves for being stupid enough to dump all of their garbage in my data folder and expecting me not to use it.

You want to build a Creation Club and make us pay for it in Hard Drive space and money? Alright, just don't complain when people make their own, free version of your CC mods using your assets that you gave them in a free update.

I think it would be perfectly legal, since Tale of Two Wastelands does the exact same thing using Fallout 3 assets. I personaly will make mods for myself (I'm not uploading them though) with assets on MY PC if I like them.

I may have over 1TB of free space on my Hard Drive but if they keep adding more content (and more assets), I too will run out of space eventually.

And hey, if you want Black Power Armour, before you buy check out mine: Spec Ops Paint Job Shameless plug I know, but it's free.

Edited by MadTod

I don't suppose steam will notice if you just delete these ba2s? Or if it does, would it be enough to overwrite them with 0B files?

I sure hope this is an error on bethesda's side. Otherwise it might mean that they will release an "update" EVERY F*CKING TIME they add a new paid mod...

I think it would be perfectly legal, since Tale of Two Wastelands does the exact same thing using Fallout 3 assets. I personaly will make mods for myself (I'm not uploading them though) with assets on MY PC if I like them.

I may have over 1TB of free space on my Hard Drive but if they keep adding more content (and more assets), I too will run out of space eventually.

And hey, if you want Black Power Armour, before you buy check out mine: Spec Ops Paint Job Shameless plug I know, but it's free.

Yeah 'cause I mean, you're not paying for the assets; they were included in the FREE MANDATORY Update that everyone had to download if they wanted to play Fallout 4.

When you buy a CC mod, you're just paying for the plugin that adds the items to the game.

It's like if your friend wants to sell you his key to his car, but he lives with you and the dumbass put your name in the car's papers. Why would you buy his key, when you can just go to your parents, who drive the exact same car, and get their key for free? Better yet, why not just take your parent's car? (Which has more features and is better maintained than your friend's junker.)

Edited by falloutkid12

Has anyone considered the possibility that it could be a trap? Surely they are well aware that someone could use these files without paying for them? If someone were to mess with and upload these files then Bethesda could use it to justify a heavy restriction on modding their next titles. It is obvious that they want control of the modding scene for their games. The Nexus is an inconvenience for them.

As ridiculous as this all is, people really need to be careful with how they proceed.

Edited by XxUNAFFILIATEDxX

@ XxUNAFFILIATEDxX

Well, they are the ones filling our precious disk space with unencrypted content behind a ridiculous pay wall for games we already paid good money for without even asking us. Good luck convincing a judge that you are stealing content when you are just using files put on your computer by Bethesda.

What you are suggesting is a bit like police planting drugs on the premise of a suspect and arresting him for it. I hope they aren't that evil!

edit: quoted the wrong post. Fixed.

Edited by dikr

@XxUNAFFILIATEDxX, @dikr

If you don't upload the required assets, and just upload an .esp file using them then there is nothing Bethesda can do. You wouldn't need to upload them anyway, everybody has them.

Well, I just made my own Handmade shotgun ESP. Works just fine except the iron sights and I have yet to hook up the custom sounds. All i did was change the Double barrel shotguns mod items ect to use the new Handmade shotgun parts and presto free Handmade shotgun :pirate: .