So I haven't bought a single thing from the Creation Club... but I have all their assets... (and so do you probaly.)

falloutkid12

Now I am getting curious.

I am NOT on Bethnet. And I only know of the CC from the forum.

But I DO know about being ambushed by a feral patch, once I happened to go on-line unintentionally. My game is by now patched to 1.9.4 and is as solid as can be expected from a heavily modded game.

But - IF I happen to go on-line again. Say - to buy something on Steam. Will I get a truckload of unwanted files dumped on my SSD?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I DO know about being ambushed by a feral patch, once I happened to go on-line unintentionally. My game is by now patched to 1.9.4 and is as solid as can be expected from a heavily modded game.

Â

But - IF I happen to go on-line again. Say - to buy something on Steam. Will I get a truckload of unwanted files dumped on my SSD?

Yes, you will. As soon as you restart the Steam client after putting it to online mode it will start downloading the update. No way to turn off autoupdates.

You can try making your purchase on the Steam website but You still need to d/l it through the client.

You can rename your FO4 Game folder then go online to get your purchase. Steam will start to install a fresh FO4 instance but at least your 1.9.4 game won't get borked. Backup your .ini files as well...just in case.

I just want to rant about how utterly useless the selection of mods on the CC are. Like the OP said i already have way better versions of all that stuff provided for free by this community. WTF are they thinking? i didnt even bother to waste the free credits they provided

this does not bode well for solid state drives, which are already pretty small, hell windows 10 and a few hundred mods and my ssd is almost full already.

so looks we are going to have to always play in offline mode,

Fallout 4 - updates - only update when i launch this game

then only play fallout 4 in offline mode

I think this has to be a glitch on Bethesda's part. There's no way they want to give us all the assets for these mods. It's just begging for them to be pirated. And as some have said, if we got all the assets for every CC mod, the realities of hard drive space would force many of us to uninstall Fallout 4 pretty soon, which means we obviously won't be buying from the CC. Bethesda's stupid enough to have a buggy af launch. They're not stupid enough to do this intentionally.

It's the only way Bethesda can provide the new scripts, meshes and textures to PS4 users.

Then do a check for the system and only dump the files on PS4. Poor PS4 players again they get screwed. Most of those consoles have less space than us PC users do. This is not the way to give mods to PS4. Bethesda needs to really push on the Sony door more or drop this stupid attempt.

Why should I house those files. So what if I can use tools to unpack them and make my own. I do not want the files period on my storage space. I never even put Bethesda.net in my main menus to my games as I did not want that either.

I agree. I think Bethesda should implement a way to opt out of receiving CC content and remove the in-game store front.

Â

Yes, you will. As soon as you restart the Steam client after putting it to online mode it will start downloading the update. No way to turn off autoupdates.

You can try making your purchase on the Steam website but You still need to d/l it through the client.

You can rename your FO4 Game folder then go online to get your purchase. Steam will start to install a fresh FO4 instance but at least your 1.9.4 game won't get borked. Backup your .ini files as well...just in case.

Thank you very much :smile: I haven't planned on going on-line in the near future. But at least now I know what to do before I might do so.

From a business pov I can understand. Making more money, increasing value for the shareholders.

Just look at the revenue of other games in 2016:

EA: $650 mil. from Ultimate Team DLC FIFA, Madden, NHL.

GTA Online: $700 mil. in-game sales from shark cards.

Activision/Blizzard: $3.6 billion in-game sales from Call of Duty Points, Overwatch Loot Boxes and other.

it shows that people are willing to pay. Of course Beth wants a piece of the pie.

F4SE is going to need to be updated every time they put more stuff on the Creation Club.

Let that sink in a moment.

From a business pov I can understand. Making more money, increasing value for the shareholders.

Just look at the revenue of other games in 2016:

EA: $650 mil. from Ultimate Team DLC FIFA, Madden, NHL.

GTA Online: $700 mil. in-game sales from shark cards.

Activision/Blizzard: $3.6 billion in-game sales from Call of Duty Points, Overwatch Loot Boxes and other.

it shows that people are willing to pay. Of course Beth wants a piece of the pie.

There HAD to have been a better way to go about it than this. The modding community is THE, and I mean THE reason the replayability (and therefore the profitability) of their games is so high.

And they've totally alienated at least 80% of them with just how badly they dropped the ball, here.

• 4 years later...

Wow, 4 years later and Bethesda are still pulling this crap. I originally got the game a few years back but had to re-downloaded the files a couple of months ago to play again. These same Creation Club files reappeared in my data folder. :down:

Yeah, you get all the assets, just not the esp/esl file to get them into the game. I just delete the stuff.

Yeah, I just looked through those assets myself recently.

I knew they were there but just couldn't be bothered to unpack them and look at them.

It's a very funny concept that only really works with software.

("Hey, take all this stuff, you will need it if you buy that other thing!")