Stuttering in first person

NathanTheCreator111

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a few questions

are you on windows 7 or 10?

is it stuttering everywhere or in specific places ?

do you have Nvidia geforce experience ?

whats your ram and vram memory usage whilst in game ?

and lastly have you disabled any windows service, also the telemetry services in windows 10 can cause severe frame drops, aswell as just severe stuttering,

overlays can also cause problems, i personally have not had such problems with overlays, but many have. msi afterburner, steam overlay, geforce experience etc etc, these can interfere with enb. since they all hook into the dll that the enb is also hooked into.

if you have geforce experience it is highly recommended to get rid of it, it can cause many issues, and the options it recommends is not good, these options can and have messed up games before. for example it always recommend ultra godrays, which infact destroy performance, while the card could easily handle it, the engine cant.

Additional Info

i strongly recommend checking out black viper windows services tweaks (google Blackviper windows 7 or 10 depending on what version you are on)

very safe, and it greatly increase performance whilst getting rid of all services you do not need. he also mentions what the services do for piece of mind. especially as these services can interfere with games, and most likely other stuff, definitely apparent with the telemetry services, again in my own experience xD

also make sure your power options are set the high performance, and then click on advanced settings, make sure harddrive is set to never turn off (default is 20, change this value to 0)

other things would be make sure your cores are not parking, you will know if they are, if you fire up resource monitor, launch the game, alt + tab and check resource monitor click on cpu check that no cores are being parked.(underneath each core, will say parked if applicable) if they are being parked, let me know and i will teach you how to disable core parking or alternatively you could google it

this is very likely on intel cpu's especially the i7 7700k not so much on amd but still very possible

the only other things would be mods, or background services, especially antiviruses, malware etc etc

if you dont have it already, download a program called (CCleaner - Very Good program for keeping the machine running nice and quick, an essential tool that every pc user should have)

Launch the program

Click on analyze then clean once finished

then you can run the registry cleaner

and notice immiediatly how much quicker the machine is

this program is completely legit, i have been running it for years and cleaning the registry with it, definitely an essential tool to have

Note: i put spoilers to prevent a wall of text, all info is valid :)

Edited by Guest

Running good old windows 10 lol

Stuttering everywhere but seems to get worse as I sprint if that makes sense.

No I donât go rid of it, still got the drivers tho

Iâm not 100% sure will check later and let you know (not at my house)

What kinda of windows services I donât think I have disabled them and I wouldnât know how.

I have turned all my overlays off, when I get back I will start f4 and purge everything then post results.

It seems my issue is a common one yet, there havenât been any fixes for me that worked.

Edit: will have a look at that and let you know. Why is this game so buggy?!?!

Edited by NathanTheCreator111

"Why is this game so buggy?!?!"

Very old game engine, blatantly way past its life span.

it has suffered the same life span skyrim had, being that their both made on the same engine and both been plagued with issues from the very start. mods have greatly made them more stable, but that can only do so much, bethesda knows their game inside out, their the only ones that can truly fix the game. as to truly fix it, it would very likely require access to the actual source code of the engine.

i would also say bad quality control. only because we still have the same issues that we had on launch. the texture corruption is 1 such issue. mipmap bug is another

Note: i will say though that i did not have both games from launch, i am basing this on the fact that i did watch full playthroughs of both games back in the days of their launch and did very much notice said issues above, especially later on when they played through nuka world, and the entire arena had severe texture corruption, so much so that it was impossible to actually do the content. these were both completely vanilla games, no mods at all (strictly base game issues)

i also remember getting dragonborn dlc for first time, again no mods at all, and the content kept crashing for absolutely no reason. multiple times at different places. so yea, very bad history.

Edited by Guest

It just makes me sad because I really want to like this game but due to stutter I canât play it so I have gone back to new Vegas. I just feel like if they are gonna put out paid mods they should make a stable game and not let people make bandaid fixes.

i know feeling man, completely agree with you,

but i do know their is always a solution. but thats just these games in general. you need to do a lot of research, as these are very fragile games. because of the weak engine. but yea

try playing in windows 7 as a test, i know it a pain, but it could simply be windows 10

for me windows 7 is greatly faster, better at gaming for older games. and just all round more solid.

for example simple things like this

Continued

===============

Windows 10 Issues

===============

Bodyslide outfit and studio - consistently freezing, and lagging (windows 7, absolutely no issue)

borderlands 2 and pre-sequal - runs very bad, random lag spikes (windows 7, absolutely no issue)

and a plethora of annoyances. i really hate the os.

worst 1 is the fact that task manager is not a priority program in windows 10, i mean wtf - your game crashes open task man, cant do nothing because for some inept reason task manager has no prioirty, the very 1 of windows greatest tools of problem solving has no priority, if you game crashes you are stuck looking at a black screen with the very thing that could save you locked behind it i mean wtf lool

windows 7 is basically perfect for me, no issues in the 4 years i have been using it, yet the very first time i even installed 10 i hated straight from get go, and it only got worse from their on out.

dx9 files locked to 4gb good luck trying to run a modded oldrim on win 10 (aimed at micro$oft) - their is a fix after 5 years but to get it before the fall update, you need to join a very risky program, why they could not just release as a standard update i will never know.

the list goes on, but yea. go to windows 7 and enjoy life. until dx12 is a major thing, their completely no incentive to downgrade to windows 10

Note: sorry about the slight rant, i just really hate win 10 with a burning passion. mainly because i wasted 100 quid on it, because i thought my new machine would not work on win 7. but i was definitely wrong it works better then ever.

i will say however if you do decide to test windows 7, since you are on an i7 7700k (z270 board) you will need to do a few things

first, whilst on windows 10 go to you board manufacturers website look for the usb3.0 driver and download the windows 7 version of it, and place it on the harddrive you are not installing 7 on, the reason being is because, because their will be no drivers for your motherboard on windows 7 updates or installation like their usally is for older hardware, which means the mouse will lag extremely bad, both on the installation of windows 7 and actually in 7, so yea get that for if and when you go to 7, next you will definitely need the ethernet driver again for your motherboard for windows 7

all z270 manufacturers should of released drivers for windows 7 by now.

and then from their on out, your good to go. if you do decide to stick to windows 7 let me know, as updates will also no longer work after the initial 280 xD

but some godsend person, has made a patch that makes it so the update thinks your processor is not a new one.

basically windows 7 does not support new hardware via their updates, in an attempt to force people to windows 10, but using said patch, will fix this major issue, and allow you to get all updates you should of got naturally :smile: it takes while but the minor wait will definitely be worth it in the long run.

Edited by Guest

I have spent many nights trying to find solutions but I couldnât and I got fed up and started posting my own questions on forums. I might have to change, just donât want to waste my money as i bought windows 10 for 30 pound lol. Iâm getting back to my house for 10.30 so I will try fixes in abit. I hope I can get the game sorted as I really enjoy the mods side of it. I tried fallout on my fathers pc which is also a i7-7700k with a 1060 amd boom same problem. There was stuttering every where. The only way I managed to fix this stutter even a little bit is ifpsclamp=60 but that breaks the games. I think if I canât find a solution this time round Iâm gonna have to uninstall the game and just give up.

What is the nature of the stutter? I know of primarily two kinds, frequent intermittent stutters, usually short in duration with no pattern, and there is the stutter caused by texture streaming which you get when you transit from one map grid to another. The former is difficult to fix.

Well itâs kind of like if you were running while holding a video camera then look back at it and itâs a constant stutter and itâs just constantly moving. I wouldnât know which one it would be from the two you have mentioned. The stutter is all the time while sprinting in first person where ever I am sprinting itâs stuttering. It doesnât stutter while walking but sometimes it does stutter abit, dunno if that helps.

If it happens more when you are running, it suggests to me that it is texture streaming/object loading issue. Basically, the faster you run, the quicker you approach loadable objects in the distance, and that stutter is possibly due to FO4's problematic memory allocation. When you walk, the bottleneck is less because less objects are being loaded at once.

You should try an ENB, maybe ENBoost

If you have a GPU monitoring software like MSI Afterburner, you should check if your 1080 Ti or CPU is periodically throttling down in spikes too. I have a 1080 Ti as well, even running at 1080p I get short freezes when I have to load a new area, especially in the cities.