Stuttering in first person

NathanTheCreator111

have you tested on any other demanding games more in the line of recent games, or games post 2015. ie games like witcher 3, dark souls etc etc,, basically do you play other games that are very demanding on hardware. fallout 4 is quite a demanding game. and skyrim is but only if its heavily modded. same applies to skyrim se, fallout 4 is far more demanding then both of these games. but only if said games are not heavily modded. older fallout and elder scrolls games will not be anywhere near as demanding as fallout 4.

also to determine throttling, take note of your gpu and cpu usage. if gpu is 100% usage and cpu is much lower (because of the fact that fallout 4 uses the cpu far more then the gpu, which means the cpu is being lazy or throttled, by much lower i mean consistantly hitting 0% usage), then that means you are most likely getting cpu throttled/bottlenecked, this is very highly unlikely though, as the 7700k is a very powerful processor which can easily handle the 1080. however as mentioned before, windows 10 does employ core parking on i7 processors, the i7 7700k being 1 such processor, i had core parking myself.

although if you have core parking, then that will throttle the cpu which would then bottleneck the gpu, and thus cause major stuttering, and even screen tearing.

honestly if this was a modding issue it would be far easier for a solution, however theirs many elements of the equation here.

it is sounding like their could very well be an issue, between the CPU, GPU and Monitor. maybe even the motherboard and or System Ram

however what is confusing is the fact this sound like it is strictly a Fallout 4 Issue, thus eliminating the potential for hardware issues, as you said, but i can only know for sure if you are running other demanding games.

Fallout 4 is heavily demanding on cpu and memory. much more then the gpu.

to get a good idea of what should be the usage, the cpu should be hoverring around 80% where as the gpu will be mostly at 100% but this is on a heavily modded game. not sure the usage would be the same on vanilla.

never actually ever played fallout 4 vanilla, as soon as i brought it from steam, i was modding it from day 1.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

research is what you need to do.

IT research is what I do for a living

negative bias towards win10 many users exhibit does not change fact that this fat, bloated cow can be trimmed to shape same way w7 could be, in the end giving superior results in overall performance, especially on solid state

nevertheless you statement "w7 is better for gaming" is also true i certain circumstances, no questioning that it outperforms w10 on some engines

got tons of data to support all of this, but... NDA

as for drivers, try running your HD630

as for support, try running windows update

PS please note I'm also professionally biased as all systems coming from my lab must be certified, fully functional and compatible, therefore all kinds of hacks and "ways" are frowned upon

systems who fail are not permitted on the market, period.

PPS Windows 7 has no support unless running on retro hardware, fact not opinion

Edited by drach

i have absolutely no use for my intergrated gpu

you also have absolutely no W7 drivers for it

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?_ga=2.52656808.1211531806.1504179366-1478491487.1504179366

i have been running windows 7 for years. i have given windows 10 quite few tries, as i brought it for 100 pound. and it was definitely a waste of money, as mentioned in my previous posts, i hate it with a burning passion for many many reasons.

well, that disposition clearly makes any further conversation on that topic pointless

Edited by drach

Hi, have Just checked the usage and itâs semmes that the cpu is using round 25-30% where the gpu is using 77-80% not sure if thatâs a issue or not but from what you said that seems bad. My god is a solid 60 at all times.

Edit: it seems that turning collision off makes the stutter disappear completely.

Edited by NathanTheCreator111

Hi, have Just checked the usage and itâs semmes that the cpu is using round 25-30% where the gpu is using 77-80% not sure if thatâs a issue or not but from what you said that seems bad. My god is a solid 60 at all times.

Edit: it seems that turning collision off makes the stutter disappear completely.

So there is no stutter if you use TCL?

My i7 6700k/1080 ti rig only averages 28% CPU usage. In Boston it goes up to into the 40s. It takes about 60 NPCs attacking to get into the 70s.

My GPU hangs around the 45% mark 98% of the time at 4k resolution.

My i7 2600k/1080 rigs GPU averages around 60% usage at 3440X1440. The CPU is in the 20 to 30% range except in Boston where it is in the 50s.

To get more GPU usage I would need the install Reshade or ENB.

Later

Iâm not sure what the problem could be then as all stutter disappears when TCL is active. This makes me even more confused lol. I doubt it could be anything hardware related. I thought maybe a physical error in game? But I wouldnât know about fixing it. I thought it might be something to do with the ground and sprinting animation not working together.

Edit: I have only found one other post that talks about this issue and itâs something to do with sprinting animation. They said there was a bug in oblivion that was the same. It seems this bug isnât a common one as I canât find much on it. There are no real fixes apart from TCL and ifpsclamp 60.

Edited by NathanTheCreator111

that is very confusing

what you could try is a higher field of view

to do this Go to: C:\Users\ Your Computer Name\ Documents\ My Games\ Fallout4

Open Fallout4.ini and Look for [interface] and add this below:

fDefaultWorldFOV=100
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100
Then Do the same for Fallout4Prefs.ini
And also create Fallout4Custom.ini
in Fallout4Custom.ini copy all of this below:
[Display]
fDefaultWorldFOV=100
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100

so yea see if the above improves or makes the stuttering worse or makes no difference, either way it will be good information to know. as this will help to know if its distance based or not

Edited by Guest