The Creation Club's best hook is....

MisterCarnivore

You can earn Achievements while using items from Creation Club.

That's really the big hook for me, not so much for Fallout 4 or Skyrim (I'd already gotten every achievement), but in future games using Creation Club. The items bought via the Club work just like the other paid DLC for the game, and do not disable achievements (verified on my end by starting a new game, and having no mods installed aside from the Onxy PA paint scheme (free thanks to the 100 bonus credits) from Creation Club.

I'm marginally interested on one or two items on the club (their version of the Gauss Rifle, and that backpack) but I'm really holding out to see if there will soon my any Club items that add a DLC sized story line.

Edited by mellards

That's really the big hook for me, not so much for Fallout 4 or Skyrim (I'd already gotten every achievement), but in future games using Creation Club. The items bought via the Club work just like the other paid DLC for the game, and do not disable achievements (verified on my end by starting a new game, and having no mods installed aside from the Onxy PA paint scheme (free thanks to the 100 bonus credits) from Creation Club.

I'm marginally interested on one or two items on the club (their version of the Gauss Rifle, and that backpack) but I'm really holding out to see if there will soon my any Club items that add a DLC sized story line.

but u can just install a mod to re-enable achievements and it takes hardly any effort to do.

You can only earn achievements if you play *without* any other mods. There's no way that's worth it. It'd be better to just have a vanilla playthrough to get all the achievements and then play with free mods. Much better than trying to get a whole LO's worth of paid mods. Also, there will likely be an achievement enabler for other games as well.

Edited by RS13

All the assets of the CC mods are included in the latest beta, except for the actual esp (esl?) files. That's wasting 680 Mb of space on my SSD for mods that I'm not even remotely interested in purchasing. Over time, depending on how many CC mods are released, that is going to be a huge problem.

I'm not thinking as much about Fallout 4 and Skyrim; you're right there are mods to re enable achievements (I'll shelve my Paranoia for 4th Party DLL's as well). Creation Club is a footnote to these two games.

I thinking most about the next game that comes out. We might see Bethesda games launching with Day 0 mods not made by Bethesda directly, but through Creation Club (think Xcom 2's Long War) that you'll be able to get in game and enjoy, Achievements intact (I only obsess about them in Bethesda games myself).