Added mods, game won't load. Removed mods, game STILL won't lo

zuckerjr

Gentlemen (and/or ladies):

I recently downloaded a few additional mods from Steam. After installation, I started up skyrim and when I attempt to load a saved game, I get taken to a loading screen, and right where the game "bites" so to speak where it would normally pop me in it remains stuck in the loading screen.

I removed each of the new mods one at a time, trying to see which one was causing my problem, but got the same result every time. In the end, I removed all of the new mods I had downloaded since my last stable configuration.

The problem is, I still have the same issue I can't load a saved game, even though I have the exact same mod configuration that worked before. I tried updating my mods, playing with load order ,etc., but nothing. I even rebooted and verified cache, all that good stuff. I really don't want to kill ALL of my mods and try to load each one one at a time, because there are a lot, and again, the mods I have now worked previously.

Any ideas, before I try that?

Manually verify that the following settings are not under the [MapMenu] section of Skyrim.ini:

fMapWorldMaxPitch=360.0000
fMapWorldMinPitch=0.0000
fMapWorldInitialPitch=90.0000

If they're in your config, remove them.

Thanks for the suggestion man. However, I don't have the lines you cite.

[MapMenu]

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

fMapWorldMaxHeight=150000.0000

fMapWorldMinHeight=1500.0000

fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.2000

The above is what's under MapMenu. I have a mod that overlays roads onto the map and does a few other things, but I've had it for a while and it's been stable.

Any other bad config settings you could suggest for me to look at that maybe the mods I installed and removed left behind?

Try cutting all of those to a temporary notepad window and then launching the game. I've ran across one guy who claimed he was experiencing indefinite loading screens in the Riften area due to the max/min height settings.

Did you uninstall any mods when you grabbed the three new ones? Your game may be saved in a state where it's dependent on resources from said mod.