STOP BOYCOTTING YOURSELVES!

TheAstralith

your not a smart person, I get that! I'm not really going there.

Step up or shut up!

You just said that to someone who made an entire Overhaul mod. What would you consider "stepping up" in this case?

your not a smart person, I get that! I'm not really going there.

Step up or shut up!

You just said that to someone who made an entire Overhaul mod. What would you consider "stepping up" in this case?

Your joking right? So step up or shut up!

Let's see,

DC Interiors,

NV Interiors

A Tail of two wastelands

That's just a few

So some of the CC stuff is overpriced. How is that bending over mod creators though?

None of my mods have been affected or taken down. I still have the CK and can still make mods.

I mean it's cool to be mad at the pricing because some is retarded, but I'm not seeing how it's destroying modders either.

One thing I don't understand is why the last time around with paid mods that everyone was up in arms to get rid of it, but now CC is ok. What is different this time around? It's still paid mods no matter how they want to spin it. Why would they allow for free mods to exist that are directly competitive to their own CC version? They may not be doing anything about it right now, but in the future who knows. Is there official DLC in the works through CC? No from what I am hearing. They do not call them mods. They do not call them DLC to avoid having to give content free as per the season pass agreement. They are being awfully shady about the whole thing. Why do we need paid mods when almost all those in the CC can be found here and elsewhere? Why do they download CC assets to your hard drive that you can't do anything with unless you purchase through CC? Many will say that they will "clean things up", but at the end of the day the question still stands- why is CC a good thing now or ever? They have been seeing for years now all these great mods for their games- some DLC sized. This is their latest attempt at grabbing some money from all the ideas that YOU free modders came up with. For all you know they intend to monetize the whole damn thing! You can't really say that their not- just as I can't say they will. But think about it. Where is the line drawn for them? Why not grab it all if they can? Maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually. Where greed is concerned there is no such thing as enough.

Darth ZeniMax and you

One thing I don't understand is why the last time around with paid mods that everyone was up in arms to get rid of it, but now CC is ok. What is different this time around? It's still paid mods no matter how they want to spin it. Why would they allow for free mods to exist that are directly competitive to their own CC version? They may not be doing anything about it right now, but in the future who knows. Is there official DLC in the works through CC? No from what I am hearing. They do not call them mods. They do not call them DLC to avoid having to give content free as per the season pass agreement. They are being awfully shady about the whole thing. Why do we need paid mods when almost all those in the CC can be found here and elsewhere? Why do they download CC assets to your hard drive that you can't do anything with unless you purchase through CC? Many will say that they will "clean things up", but at the end of the day the question still stands- why is CC a good thing now or ever? They have been seeing for years now all these great mods for their games- some DLC sized. This is their latest attempt at grabbing some money from all the ideas that YOU free modders came up with. For all you know they intend to monetize the whole damn thing! You can't really say that their not- just as I can't say they will. But think about it. Where is the line drawn for them? Why not grab it all if they can? Maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually. Where greed is concerned there is no such thing as enough.

CC is bad, it needs to die, it needs to die fast. We can't let it live. They had their chance to polish it. Bring new great DLC like Far Harbor, Nuka World. "Real Bethesda quality DLCs" So that they hire voice actors etc... let the modders do their stuff and help them with the resources. But yeah... They just took modding by the nuts and squeezed them hard.

CC is bad, it needs to die, it needs to die fast. We can't let it live. They had their chance to polish it. Bring new great DLC like Far Harbor, Nuka World. "Real Bethesda quality DLCs" So that they hire voice actors etc... let the modders do their stuff and help them with the resources. But yeah... They just took modding by the nuts and squeezed them hard.

The more likely result is if CC dies, you get nothing at all. They're not going to make new huge DLC content because this late in the game that's unheard of. Heck even the voice actors for Nate and Nora aren't under contract any more from what we've had dropped through the grapevine.

The only two companies I can think of that did did support their game in a huge capacity well after release are Blizzard (who keep fundamentally changing their games every other year) and Gearbox with Borderlands 2 (which involved them skimming the funds from another game to do so). Most companies won't devote that much time to a single title because they've already moved onto the next big thing and you've seen Beth has a lot of games already in that oven and more stuff unannounced. You kill this, they shrug consider it a good try and just leave you with a modding community that's winding down.