[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated to Current SE build 2.0.5 (runtime 1.5.16) last night and now when I launch Skyrim with SKSE 64 2.0.5 the game starts, the black main menu screen flashes black then the game crashes to desktop instantly.

​What I did to install SKSE 64 2.0.5:

1. I uninstalled SKSE 64 2.0.4, removing the SKSE loader and two .dll from the main Skyrim folder and removing its scripts using the NMM, I had zipped the scripts and used the NMM to install them for easy removal.

2. Placed the new update Skyrim.exe into the main Skyrim folder, I had previously backed this up to continue playing using the previous pre update version of SKSE 64.

3. I installed the SKSE 64 2.0.5 loader and two .dll into the main Skyrim folder, the scripts were zipped into a .rar and installed using the NMM just like I had always previously done with manual installs of SKSE.

I reinstalled 2.0.5 three times with the same results each time. I then uninstalled 2.0.5 and reinstalled 2.0.4 and reverted to the pre update Skyrim.exe and Skyrim launched through SKSE 64 perfectly.

are you running PapyrusUtil SE as well? that mod is pending updates for compatibility with SKSE64 2.0.5. the same goes for any other SKSE64-dependent mods which require updates with the new SSE 1.5.16 runtime.

I am running PapyrusUtil SE because of the Wearable Lanterns mod, it stopped the mod from having an error message pop up every time I loaded...I didn't even think about PapyrusUtil SE needing to be updated. Now I kind of wish I'd just lived with the error message.

Edit:

I just disabled PapyrusUtil SE, uninstalled SKSE 64 2.0.4, updated to 2.0.5 again and placed the current SKSE.exe back in the main Skyrim folder and...Skyrim loaded fine with the SKSE 64 loader. Thank you ethruria I wasn't even thinking about PapyrusUtil SE as a possible cause of the issue. The error message is back but its just annoying more than anything else.

Edited by Jennifur68

Any .dll based mod will need updates.

I am also in the same boat. With the latest SKSE64 launcher, screen goes black and then back to desktop.

I went back to the older version of SkyrimSE.exe and turned off Steam updates. I am also using the papyrusutil SE (for me, warmth ratings from frostfall don't work properly without it).

I do appreciate all that the SKSE64 team does. I hope all the other mods get updated soon.