Sorting bones

jimhsu

Maybe I missed something, but is there absolutely no way to do this in 3ds max? I have to contend with such **** when porting stuff over (and using SkinUtilities to laboriously match everything to everything else):

http://i.imgur.com/n4ZUK.png

Or a way to batch change bone names would be nice. My wrists would appreciate it.

in skin utilities you can remove the prefixes from the bone names, and then if the bone names actually match, then the match bones might work as is, it might not get Bip and R and NPC so it might go wonky. otherwise tools>rename objects. If that is not helpful for the same reason and need to specifically tailor the script, you'll have to edit it for your specific needs in maxscript. Edited by Ghogiel

in skin utilities you can remove the prefixes from the bone names, and then if the bone names actually match, then the match bones might work as is, it might not get Bip and R and NPC so it might go wonky. otherwise tools>rename objects. If that is not helpful for the same reason and need to specifically tailor the script, you'll have to edit it for your specific needs in maxscript.

Hm ... I never thought of it as a maxscript even though in retrospect it's quite obvious (being in that panel and all). Will take a look at it.

Edited by jimhsu