Are people finishing the main quest?

ElricOfGrans

TES games are loaded with so much peripheral content that the `main quest' need not be even the slightest concern, let alone the `main' one. I never really got into Morrowind and never touched the main quest at all, but I am told it was good. In Oblivion, I did just about everything, but after being told to enter YET ANOTHER Oblivion Gate I ragequit and never touched the main quest again. In Skyrim, despite doing most of the other quests, I have so far failed to complete the main quest. Twice I got as far as getting information out of the College, but lost interest shortly after. The main quest (and the civil war for that matter) just seems a lot weaker than the factions.

I was wondering how common this is. Are most people completing the main quest, or are most people also losing interest along the way, preferring other parts of the game?

I finished Morrowind tons of times. did Tribunal also, sadly i never finished Bloodmoon, going to on my next playthrough.

Oblivion i beat the story a ton. sadly never did Knights of the Nine, and never finished Shivering Isles.

Skyrim i have yet to get very far into the story, and don't play on to for a long time. plus i'm currently not playing anymore, i got bored. so i have been playing the Assassin's Creed series,each game 100%, started revelations finally a few days ago. :D

Oh and if this counts...

Fallout 3, i beat it about 4 times maybe? did all DLC too.

Fallout: New Vegas, have yet to even get far into it. got maybe level 18 a few times, and somewhat into the strip. kept restarting due to me messing around with new builds, and adding in mod overhauls that need restarting.

Dragon Age: Origins, finished the story twice, did some of the dlc, but never finished it all. and never finished the Expansion.

Dragon Age 2...never played but it's installed with all DLC.

Mass Effect series, only played 1 playthrough of ME 1, never played 2, but it and all DLC is installed.

going to play this series next after i finished Assassin's Creed lol.

In Oblivion I eventually beat the main quest... after about 300 hours of random questing and wandering.

In Skyrim I haven't finished the main quest yet. I probably will someday. Maybe.

In Morrowind, I arrived late to the party and I haven't finished the main quest yet, though I'd really like to.

Edited by Rennn

On my first character I played for around 150 hours before I actually completed the last half or so of the main quest. I finished it that time just for the shouts. This time I am playing around and am just doing enough to get the dragons to start spawning. Not gonna be in any hurry this time either because it makes me have a little less interest in the game once I don't have the main quest still waiting to be completed. With all of the other stuff to do I know that is not really a big deal but I like the idea of still having the main quest line uncompleted so there is still something important left to do.

I've put over 300 hours into Skyrim and I haven't finished the Main Quest yet. I plan to, but not anytime soon. I'm about to upgrade my PC (been playing on PS3) here in a couple of days, and what with all the mods... I don't think the MQ will get done for a long time. And I'm cool with that. I don't find it boring at all, I just want to keep it on hold until I'm ready.

I finished the main quest a few times in Skyrim. Countless in Oblivion, and 1 time in Morro. I don't see why I'd buy a game that interested me enough to pay the $$ and not at least finish it once.

I've done the main quest just once. I do not plan to do it again. Not that it was bad, but I just don't feel like it. I only did Morrowind's MQ once and same for Oblivion, FO3, and FNV, though I am tempted to do FNV a few more times to check out the other endings.

I've put over 300 hours into Skyrim and I haven't finished the Main Quest yet.

What he said.

I only did Morrowind's MQ once and same for Oblivion, FO3, and FNV

I did the main quest of FO3 once ... disappointed with the DLC "aftergame".

Did the Oblivion twice in the 6 years or so that it's been out. I've had Skyrim since day one and have managed to avoid the main quest as much as one can. I prefer to wander around the countryside meeting people, seeing the sights and fighting my way out of trouble.

Rabbit