Once again, stupid CC updates killing F4SE and related mods.

Nadie2283

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is funny is mine is not updated I am still at the 1.10 that came with original CC and I got the free chrome power armor skin and works fine (I have mine to not autoupdate but update on launch and since I launch through F4SE it will never update) so the update of the exe is not needed which is stupid on bethesda's part. Looking more into it it looks like all the exe edits do is hide the esl for the new creation club items from the ingame load order menu item.

Edited by rgdelta

Well, according to Bethesda this update fixed the load order problem and the downloading unperchesed CC data. So this should be the last CC update that PC has to deal with for some time.

That being said I would rather have the 2016 doom armor as power armor and the 2016 BFG as it is I am not willing to pay $8 for 1 gun and 1 armor. I could buy a inde game for just $2 more or any workshop DLC for just $5. Or fallout 4 for another $12 oblivion for another $7 and so on.

Well maybe F4SE Team would need to find a way to be not depended on the fallout4.exe version. but i can't judge that because i have no idea why it is in the first place. as far as i understand, every update modifying the fallout4.exe needs an adjustment of the F4SE Launcher thus adjustments of the mods relying on F4SE follow.

Well, according to Bethesda this update fixed the load order problem and the downloading repurchased CC data. So this should be the last CC update that PC has to deal with for some time.

Well the ccBGSFO400xyz.ba2 Files are still in the Fallout4 data Folder on my pc after this Update.

Edited by maverikch

Just to ram the point home into my tiny little brain - If I launch FO:4 through F4SE it will not update?

I believe that is the case, i was a bit negligent and forgot to set it to update on launch as well so im screwed until new F4SE and Looksmenu versions come out. But yeah i think if you set it to update on launch using F4SE circumvents this and prevents steam auto updates (since steam doesnt allow you to disable the auto update entirely)

Just to ram the point home into my tiny little brain - If I launch FO:4 through F4SE it will not update?

I believe that is the case, i was a bit negligent and forgot to set it to update on launch as well so im screwed until new F4SE and Looksmenu versions come out. But yeah i think if you set it to update on launch using F4SE circumvents this and prevents steam auto updates (since steam doesnt allow you to disable the auto update entirely)

thank you :smile: