Porting Oblivion-made models

I'm trying to port Mr_Siika's High Rock resources to Skyrim for use in a mod (With permission). Since it's all handmade, all I have to do is replace the textures with Skyrim's. When I try to add them into the game, though, all I get is an error message. What do I have to do to add them into the game?

Basically, all I did was open the file in Nifskope, change the texture to Skyrim's, then made a new static in Skyrim and set the model to the mesh. How do you convert shader properties?

Ub3rman123, I found this tutorial on the Nexus wiki to be helpful in understanding the differences between SKYRIM's .nif versions and older .nif versions.

Creating an Armor for SKYRIM

Otherwise, Isilmeriel's suggestion is what I would do, also, just to be safe. But if you're not familiar with Blender or 3Dsmax that prospect might seem daunting. It's also no good for an armor mesh or any mesh that has a 'skin'.

Regarding Shader properties: SKYRIM Nif's no longer use NiTexture or NiMateriall nodes, they now use a BSShaderProperty which you can easily copy and paste from any other similar SKYRIM mesh and then adjust the settings inside. After you look at it a bit you'll probably figure it out.

What exact download of NifSkope should I be using? I just downloaded the most recent one I could find from NifTools, and now I get the error message of ""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim/Data/Meshes/architecture/windhelm/wharenaext.nif'" .

Is there something I need to set up to get it to work first?

You need to use the one called 'release candidate RC6'. You may have downloaded the most recent 'stable' version which is (I think) so old it does not accept SKYRIM .nifs.

The link for RC6 is right next to "Looking for the most recent version?"

Nifskope DLs

If you do indeed already have RC6 I do not know why you are having this trouble.

I'm using that now and it opens Skyrim and Oblivion models fine (And the UV editor works too). What exactly do I need to do to copy the mesh over an existing one? Since these are architectural pieces there are multiple TriShapes to copy. When I copy a branch and try to paste it over an existing model for Skyrim there's no 'paste over' function, and simply telling it to paste says something about far too many arrays.

You should be able to paste each NiTriShape, seperately, onto the 0 BSFadeNode (or whatever the root node (0) is called.

If that doesn't work try this:

Open up the old Oblivion .nif:

File--> Export--> Export .OBJ and export the file in that format.

Then, open up the SKYRIM .nif you are working with:

File--> Import--> Import .OBJ and import the .obj file you exported.

The mesh will be white or gray at first. You will need delete the material and texture nodes that attached themselves to the new mesh if they are present.

Then copy/paste a BSShader property from another SKYRIM .nif or TriShape onto your new .nif and apply it as a property (NiTriShape block details, all the way at the bottom).