Skyrim Melee Attack Lag/Bug

Tumri

I also have this problem, though with a bit of a different complication: I have recently made a stealth character and had planned for them to have one dagger and only that in their hand. However, it does this power attack only bug. If on the other hand I have a spell in the offhand it works perfectly, so for others perhaps try that? This makes the character unable to block though which is annoying, and only works with one handed combat (obviously) so it is only a band aid for a problem and a really bad one at that.

• 2 weeks later...
I fixed this issue ages ago by playing with SBW(Simple Borderless Window). Later on I tweaked my ini setting and when I accidentally launched my game WITHOUT SBW the bug was still somehow gone. I think it has something to do with certain ini settings messing up in full screen mode. I'd suggest a clean ini profile or SBW to fix this.

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is really old but this is the only thread I have ever found with this same problem.

It's not my mouse because no other game on my Desktop has this problem.

This happens with all of my characters, even newly created ones.

Neither lowering the resolution or doing what Tumri said in the last post worked.

I've reinstalled this game over 4 times in attempt to fix it.

I have found absolutely nothing that works, and the game is basically unplayable because none of my characters are good with magic and it's almost impossible to kill someone in combat while you're having to click and hold the mouse or spam click it in order to do one attack.

When I first got the game this never happened, the glitch just randomly appeared out of no where.

I'm on the verge of completely losing all hope in attempts to find out how to fix this and just completely giving up on Skyrim.

If anyone knows anything else about this please help! :sad:

• 6 months later...

I'm also trying to resurrect this thread. I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else above. It's not a frame rate problem, and it's not a problem with resolution. I know it's not a problem with my mouse; because my mouse works perfectly for every other game. I only encounter this bug with swords, I do not encounter this bug with bows. I also do not encounter this bug when i have magic in one hand, and another one of the posters said they experienced this as well. It's not a problem with one of my mods as the bug occurs with our without any of my mods being active. I have "verified the cache" several times through steam, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem I would highly appreciate it.

Sorry if I'm posting too many times in a row, but I also noticed that if I use a shield, much like if I'm using magic, it fixes my problem and everything becomes more responsive. Just having anything in my other hand that isn't another weapon, seems to fix the problem. But I still have the problem is I dual wield etc. which is what i was hoping to do.

If anyone can tell me even a partial fix to this problem I would be grateful. I have no idea what the problem is, and I can't seem to find any thread other than this where people are having the same problem.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is old as dirt, but i got a similar problem, and the fix was relatively simple. I just unequipped the weapon i was using, equipped another one, then changed back and it worked just fine. Not sure what was going on, but by what was described in this thread that was the issue i had. Hope it works for some people.

• 2 months later...

necroing.

i'm having the same issues, and it's driving me nuts. whenever i block and hold the left mouse button, it gets stuck for 2 seconds and it just bashes whenever i try to attack quickly. my performance is fine, tried it on another mouse. still no luck in fixing the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone will see this, but I believe I might have found the sollution. I was having this problem so I tried with my 360 wired controller, I went in and checked 360 controller under settings so I could use it. Well, it was now working, but my controller shuts off when I move it. I decided to suck it up and use my mouse. All of a sudden it was fixed, then I rellised that I still had 360 controller checked. So all in all, for me checking 360 controller in the settings under gameplay fixes it, atleast for me. Hope it helps.