New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54684453.

Estarc wrote: Gonna take a while to get used to after so many years. I like the tracking page a lot better. Looks better, and having the thumbnail pictures makes it a lot easier to tell at a glance which mod is which or if a favourite has recently received an updated. Moving between tabs on the mod pages themselves is a lot smooth, so that's nice.

On the front page I kind of miss having whichever mod on the "hot files/trending" section maximise or come into focus. Having two big and give small isn't quite as good in my opinion as the old scrolling system. Everything below that is a bit better though. Having so many new mods and images on the front page, instead of six of each at the side is a big improvement. Should help with visibility too.

One thing that seems to be a really big problem is embedded videos. You seem to have switched from tiny players that let mod authors put videos in like a compact grid to ones that take up the whole page. Some mods have like eight embedded youtube reviews or showcases and having to scroll down past them all is terrible - they used to just take up a small piece of the screen. Without the return of the grid I fear they'll have to be hidden away somewhere off the main page, badly damaging visibility.

Also I am not sure I like the new list system when browsing mods. Having 20 on a page is cool and all, as is multiple options, but I am not super enthused on having to flick my eyes side to side then down then side to side rather than just scrolling down. I tend to browse latest files every few days, and although 20 results is better then 10, then side to side isn't IMO. I am currently using big thumbnails, I find that the easiest to view. I can probably get used to it, but just thought I'd mention it. A single file list would be nice if possible.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54684453. #54684628 is also a reply to the same post.

Estarc wrote: Gonna take a while to get used to after so many years. I like the tracking page a lot better. Looks better, and having the thumbnail pictures makes it a lot easier to tell at a glance which mod is which or if a favourite has recently received an updated. Moving between tabs on the mod pages themselves is a lot smooth, so that's nice.

On the front page I kind of miss having whichever mod on the "hot files/trending" section maximise or come into focus. Having two big and give small isn't quite as good in my opinion as the old scrolling system. Everything below that is a bit better though. Having so many new mods and images on the front page, instead of six of each at the side is a big improvement. Should help with visibility too.
Estarc wrote: One thing that seems to be a really big problem is embedded videos. You seem to have switched from tiny players that let mod authors put videos in like a compact grid to ones that take up the whole page. Some mods have like eight embedded youtube reviews or showcases and having to scroll down past them all is terrible - they used to just take up a small piece of the screen. Without the return of the grid I fear they'll have to be hidden away somewhere off the main page, badly damaging visibility.

Also I am not sure I like the new list system when browsing mods. Having 20 on a page is cool and all, as is multiple options, but I am not super enthused on having to flick my eyes side to side then down then side to side rather than just scrolling down. I tend to browse latest files every few days, and although 20 results is better then 10, then side to side isn't IMO. I am currently using big thumbnails, I find that the easiest to view. I can probably get used to it, but just thought I'd mention it. A single file list would be nice if possible.

Edit: Double post :( Edited by Estarc

Why mess up something that works fine? If we wanted a change we would have asked for it !!!!! Cannot hit link from my downloads says file not found !!! Loads slow confusing to look at !!!! Looks to main stream... I fell a 9.99 monthly charge coming !!!! My guess is young folks well be very happy while the rest of us say wtf Edited by Crusader33

I really like it so far ! The only thing that is bothering me is the trending mods box on the main page. Honestly, 7 panels are too much, considering two of them are taking half of the display area of the site (my screen is 1366*768, yes, it literally takes half of the screen !).

My advice is to change it on a smaller box with one medium size panel on the left and 4 panels (in a square) on the right.

Also, we should be able to choose what's on display on the main page. Personaly, I really don't care about the media section, so an option to disable it would be welcomed ^^

Good job guys !

My anxiety is going thru the roof!! 1. My files won't download..they list as incomplete. 2. When I look at a mod and go back to browsing, it restarts at page 1. Oh, and listing mods as removed..which ones were removed?? No name, have no idea which mods were removed. Sheesh!!! And heaven forbid we try to use the old site...ain't gonna happen.Why fix something that ain't broke? Edited by BigDaddyRat

There is definitely too much going on on the page lesser is often more. I block by users, i found out way back that blocking by tags does not ever give the right result. But with the new design it show off mods, pictures etc. from users i haf blockt again and yes i am logged in. Maki tit realy blocked again

In response to post #54682948. #54684498, #54684558 are all replies on the same post.

dnce wrote: Oh, come on! Fallout 4 totally broken.
Folkyou wrote: I feel ur pain man! Strange, like example Skyrim page working as well...
Dark0ne wrote: It's definitely a bug, and I think utterly unrelated to the new redesign (just very unfortunate timing). We'll have it patched up soon.

Thank you, we will be waiting!

It is alright for the most part.

I do think the site looks too busy (as in there is too many things on screen at once) and stuff just kinda seems to blend together.

There is too much scrolling on the main page, it shouldn't take so long to reach the bottom/ the other stuff that isn't hot files.

And the ads are very oddly placed adding to the "hecticness" of the already very busy and almost blurry layout.

Edited by Realybeefy