Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

Does anyone know of a mod/mods that work together to change the sun's traversal across the sky to a southerly arc, and have corresponding shadows/visual effects? I currently have Majestic Mountains installed, but the shadows do not play as well with the southerly sun option, and I don't see the sun at all in the sky.

Stealthx - you should probably post your question on the Mod Troubleshooting page...

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. I am looking for a mod that was uploaded yesterday or the day before. It was a huge bugfix mod. I have accidentally deleted the mod. I also no longer know the exact name of the mod.

Maybe someone knows which mod I mean.

Thank you and have a nice evening!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a patch for Skyrim or Oblivion to automatically load SKSE64/OBSE when using SkyrimSE.exe/Oblivion.exe to start the game?

Fallout 3 and New Vegas both have their own version of this patch:
Fallout 3: Fallout Anniversary Patcher

New Vegas: FNV 4GB Patcher

I wonder if there's an Elder Scroll version?

Edited by Gametestist

• 2 weeks later...

(searched for topic already in forums and didn't find it, so sorry if this is a duplicate)

There used to be a torch animation variety mod that had two or three different animations in first person (maybe also in third? Don't remember, as I always play first). One was sort of over the head, another was further off to the side, etc. I can't seem to find it anywhere--searched all the keywords I could think of on the Nexus (incl. my previous downloads page), Google, and YouTube as well since I think that's where I first learned of it.

If anyone remembers what this mod was called, lemme know. :smile:

[edited for typo bc I can't help myself]

Edited by lenora22

Search for "lantern" in the nexus search bar (while in the files section). I think that's the most often term used to describe "torch" mods. (I say that only because you indicated "one was sorta over the head", which reminds me of a mod I saw a while back that offered a lantern that hung off a bent nosed staff of some sort).

I'm looking for a player home that includes displays for all of the items added in DLC and FREE creation kit knick knacks (such as the bug in a jar from Saints and Seducers) (I can only seem to find some DLC things but I could easily be missing something) as well as multiple adoption (preferably six kids but I guess I'll live if not). I'd like there to be enough room for Frost and Shadowmere outside but I can use convenient horses to house them somewhere else convenient if not. It needs to NOT use the script extender because I'm apparently a dunce and after many hours of fussing with it I just can't seem to get the damn thing to work.

Or is there a simple museum mod, maybe, for all of the unique items so I can just have a simpler player home? (Should I get Legacy of the Dragonborn for this? It seems so big it's almost intimidating but is that the best option?)

Does something like this exist? I'm having trouble finding something in the player housing category, but maybe I'm missing something. If the displays are dynamic, more's the better, but I just want to be able to display all my silly little baubles.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any perk expansion mods that do not rely on RNG? So no "attacks have a chance to..." and the like? Ordinator and Vokrii are both cool but I am starting to hate how random my losses/victories are depending on whether I get those good crits and on-hit procs or not, feels almost Morrowind-esque how much RNG and not my actions factors into the outcome of a fight. I tried Adamant but its treatment of dual casting and sprint attacks was too big a trade-off.