Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

• 2 weeks later...

Salutations, y'all!

So first, if I'm in the wrong spot, I do apologise. But I think I'm in the right spot.

Ahem. I ramble. Anyway. So! In TES IV: Oblivion, there's a lovely mod here on the Nexus, that adds in a few lines of recorded dialogue to check for custom player races. (I think it got merged into one of the Unofficial Patches?)

Anyway, at the beginning of the game, if you play a custom race, that Dunmer jerk we all love to murder in the DB questline Valen Dreth will say the following line:

"What ARE you? Such a rare species they've caught in their cage. That just means they'll keep you even longer. It's even less likely they'll keep you alive. That's right, Freak! You're going to DIE in here!"

Which, while I know I've likely got a bit of this quote wrong, I LOVE that little additional check for custom race stuff. I use it. All the time.

However, in Skyrim, I've noticed something. I'm experimenting (learning) how to create a custom race myself. Play-wise, it works without bugs or anything, but ANY AND ALL dialogue that mentions race (Hadvar saying your remains will be returned to wherever, etc.) don't happen. Which of course, might be expected.

Thus, my question: Does such a dialogue check mod / race-check mod exist in any of our Skyrim SSE/AE mod collection?

Hmmm. I don't know of one, but a visit to the enchanting table will inform you of which enchantments you already have discovered and added to your list of known enchantments (via the enchanting table mechanism - "Are you sure you wish to destroy item to learn its secrets?")

Hmmm. I don't know of one, but a visit to the enchanting table will inform you of which enchantments you already have discovered and added to your list of known enchantments (via the enchanting table mechanism - "Are you sure you wish to destroy item to learn its secrets?")

I know but I want to see which enchantments i already learned so I can buy only unknown enchantments from blacksmiths