Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

16 hours ago, DirebearCoat said:

I've seen a mixed bag of posts, throughout the Internet, that show Mjoll as a steward, and others that say Mjoll is not available as a steward.

Is this a bug,

Not sure.  Sources online are conflicted a bit; some say she can be a steward, some don't.  And according to the UESP article on Hearthfire stewards, Mjoll has the dialog options to become a steward, but they don't actually show up in the game.  So could be a bug or oversight, or could be a late design change in Hearthfire.

16 hours ago, DirebearCoat said:

is there a mod that would allow me to make Mjoll into a steward for one of my Hearthfire manors?

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the Mjoll mods out there add what's needed for that.  Though since I've never modded her, or tried to recruit her, I have no idea which ones would. 

Otherwise, you could poke around in her dialogue options in the Creation Kit, and compare to other possible stewards -- and see why her steward dialogues don't show up.

23 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

Maybe Missing Follower Dialog Edit ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56115 )?  You could go to that mod page, and ask AndrealphusVII if it will do what you want, usually he answers pretty quickly.  I don't know how, what with all of the mods he handles/develops.

I put in my inquiry.  Let's see how long before I get a reply.  I do see that he frequently posts.

Thanks for your suggestion.

EDIT:

I got a reply, and the answer is his mod does not address any steward dialog.

Edited by DirebearCoat

In addition to the request for information I made above, I also had this other request for information:

Is there a Mod that lets a player set items, for their player homes, and orient those items without too much difficulty?  I'd like to set some Dibella statues in some of my player homes, but it's impossible because the game won't let you turn it right side up, nor to turn it to face in a specific direction.

Is there a mod that will help with that kind of thing?

1 hour ago, DirebearCoat said:

In addition to the request for information I made above, I also had this other request for information:

Is there a Mod that lets a player set items, for their player homes, and orient those items without too much difficulty?  I'd like to set some Dibella statues in some of my player homes, but it's impossible because the game won't let you turn it right side up, nor to turn it to face in a specific direction.

Is there a mod that will help with that kind of thing?

Jaxonz Positioner was the good one for that in LE, and there is another modder's conversion of it for SE.  However, some functions may or may not work correctly in SE 1.6.x/SKSE 2.2.6.

Decorator Helper is a possible alternative that apparently still works in current SE, but I haven't tried it yet.

And there may be other alternatives too if you browse through either's comments.

(I only installed SE for the first time myself in January, so I haven't used either with SE myself yet, actually.  Though I've been playing Oldrim/LE since 2012, and have had Jaxonz Positioner in it for most of that time.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls
fixed an auto-incorrectted bit
  • Like 1

Careful when using jazonx on items like beds or bookshelves or plants, as it's really easy to drag the visible shell and screw up its activator layer(s). I broke a book shelf in a homestead property, and ruined my bed fiddling around in my Waterview home in one of my 5 player vectors.  Also screwed up several planters along the way as I recall.

The first instance of breakage (the book shelf) was "resolved" by a totally corrupted save during th 1.54.8.0 1.5.97 transition so it was "self correcting", the other has an instance of my player that goes to bed in the bed and wakes half way across the room floating a few feet off the floor.

Not saying not to use it, but imo, you should be careful about moving things that have activators and prepared to fall back to older saves, prior to the position edits,  if something goes wrong subsequent to those adjustments.

good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Not saying not to use it, but imo, you should be careful about moving things that have activators and prepared to fall back to older saves, prior to the position edits

Yup, save often with such mods, so you can go back easily enough if you move something you shouldn't have.  And keep track of what you're moving, too.  Though it looks like both mods add a magic glow to the object while selected; if you don't see it, you might've grabbed fog or smoke or an invisible activator instead.

Edited to add: Jaxonz Positioner also has a key to move an object back to its original position -- useful if you knock something off a table by accident, for example, or trip over a kettle.  And looks like Decorator Helper has a Restore in its menus to do the same thing.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

You guys are awesome!  Thank you for your replies!

I have one last question (I think).  I really appreciate your patience and your help.  I think this will be my last question for a while.

Is there a mod that lets the follower keep the armor, necklaces, and rings that I give them equipped, after they have been released from following my character around?

Thank you.

Afaik anything you gift or share with a follower is effectively theirs until you actively retrieve said items. Whether they'll continue wearing them once they've been released from  service, idk...

2 hours ago, DirebearCoat said:

Is there a mod that lets the follower keep the armor, necklaces, and rings that I give them equipped, after they have been released from following my character around?

I don't know of one offhand, though it's possible EFF's "Outfits" option (in its MCMs and follower order menus) might do it.  (Though I haven't really messed with that part enough to be sure.)  

And yah, in any case, they'll keep items you give them, even if they don't always keep wearing them after the area unloads (after you've left).  You can always re-equip them next time the follower is following you, or equip them via the equipitem console command if you're not recruiting the follower again yet.