SKSE64

JoeDinsdale

Hi all,

I have installed SKSE64 and have crated a shortcut to it. I seem to get a mix of results when trying to start it.

1st - nothing happens i click on it and just nothing at all

2nd - takes about 5 minutes and a small window pops up, wait 10 minutes and i get a launch error

3rd - takes about 5 minutes and a small window pops up, wait 10 minutes and the name on the pop up changes to select skyrim (then it stays like that forever)

4th - takes about 10 minutes then the game starts and plays as expected, all mods working, skse64 says its the right version ect

why is it so random, is their any know fixes for any of these issues?

My 2.0.4 works just fine. I'm thinking somehow it's either a botched install (either through a corrupted download or user-error--it happens from time to time), or something in your INI settings, perhaps? Try verifying the cache through steam. Run Steam's launcher, let it set your INIs, and then close it out. Then install the SKSE64 straight from Silverlock. You want the alpha version, the 7zip archive. Follow the directions of the readme inside the archive (extract to your desktop for ease of installation).

Also, make sure you aren't attempting to run Steam from a UAC folder such as C:\Program Files (x86) (I swear, NexusMods should have this right on the front page in 72-point letters--DO NOT INSTALL STEAM TO C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)!! lol). A lot of times that can play hell with the SKSE trying to hook into the loader. You could also try using Skyrim Performance Monitor just to run SKSE through that to make sure it's not a VRAM or CPU issue which could point to other causes. SKSE64, unfortunately, is still in its alpha stage, so some wonkiness can be expected, but it should still launch.

My steam client is installed to C:\Program Files (x86) but my actual games install to F:\Games\Steam. I have also tried redownloading and installing SKSE64, I even reinstalled Skyrim SE.

I know its still in alpha so bugs should be expected but it worked on the previous version perfectly but after 2.0.4 it just will not load. Most of the time it crashes off with this error Steam Error: Aplication load error 3:0000065432

There's the problem. The Steam Client must be in the same place as the games, together so it can "see" them.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/72/723b10543fb1f1cac5c3fa05828289551125186fd22fefda23f1ac07ffa96de4.jpg

You must have the Steam Client and the game files together. I've never heard of trying to run Skyrim while they are in separate locations (and drives). Get it out of the C:\Program Files folder--that's UAC-controlled and can play hell with SKSE hooking in and loading the mods. You have to keep them together.

Put everything together on that F: drive, and it should work just fine.

Edited by twowolves80

That is most likely what is causing it. The User Account Control permissions used by the OS can interrupt or block the loading of certain mods/scripts in-game. It's one of those variables that is best to just eliminate from the start, and that's one less thing you'll ever have to worry about taking into account when the mods start going sideways. Eliminate the variables you can, and then go from there.

If making the move made no difference, and everything has been verified and is as it should be, then it has to be the SKSE itself. Either something got borked in the download, or it wasn't installed correctly.

Or...it's the Skyrim install that's borked. I never notice that type of lag, but you could try checking the contents of the Skyrim data folder. If there's something in there that's making it borked, you can delete it. I had a follower esp in the data folder (something custom I was attempting to create) and when I tried loading the game with it there, it would CTD as soon as the Skyrim logo came up. Deleted it, and it loads fine.

So that's three things, the last of which is easiest to check. Make sure there's nothing in the data folder (and in particular, the Scripts folder) that doesn't need to be there. Then look at the SKSE install, then the Skyrim install.

Edited by twowolves80