Help: Making DC Go Dark

twizzOr

I'm trying to get Diamond City to go dark. I've turned off all of the lights inside DC, including the stadium lights, but when viewed from outside, there is still a bright glow coming from inside the stadium.

What am i missing? Some kind of ambient light i can't find in the CK? Is it an LOD issue?

TIA for an help!

Selecting an object in the window and holding S or pressing 2 will allow you to scale it (make the object larger or smaller).

Perhaps there is one single light somewhere in the stadium but externally and it has been scalped up a lot.

Can't get to the CK until tomorrow but I can look around then and see what I see since I have some modding in that area to do anyway.

Just thought of this.

You could also go to the cell and type "light" in the cell search and then click on each and then in the window press T.

It will take you to that object.

Then you can delete it and see what happens.

Ctrl+Z will undo any changes you made.

Use that method of undo with caution though as using it too fast will crash the CK.

I'm trying to get Diamond City to go dark. I've turned off all of the lights inside DC, including the stadium lights, but when viewed from outside, there is still a bright glow coming from inside the stadium.

What am i missing? Some kind of ambient light i can't find in the CK? Is it an LOD issue?

TIA for an help!

By “turning off” all the lights “inside” Diamond City, do you mean the DC cells in the Diamond City Worldspace? And by “viewed from outside” do you mean the external DC cells in the Commonwealth worldspace? Not following exactly what you’ve been editing based on your wording.
If you mean you are still seeing a light source while looking at the exterior of DC from the Commonwealth cell (DiamondCityExt, etc.) you might want to take a look at the DiamondCityCloudGlow01 reference in the middle of the LOD models for the interior of Diamond City. That cloud mesh has light source and emission set in the shader flags if you take a look at it in Nifskope.
That might be the light you are seeing, but I’m just guess that is the “outside” you are talking about.

TIA for an help!

By “turning off” all the lights “inside” Diamond City, do you mean the DC cells in the Diamond City Worldspace? And by “viewed from outside” do you mean the external DC cells in the Commonwealth worldspace? Not following exactly what you’ve been editing based on your wording.
If you mean you are still seeing a light source while looking at the exterior of DC from the Commonwealth cell (DiamondCityExt, etc.) you might want to take a look at the DiamondCityCloudGlow01 reference in the middle of the LOD models for the interior of Diamond City. That cloud mesh has light source and emission set in the shader flags if you take a look at it in Nifskope.
That might be the light you are seeing, but I’m just guess that is the “outside” you are talking about.

I've edited the stadium lights so that they no longer glow or emit, yet when viewed from outside of DC, the glow that would be their reflection IRL persists. I think that cloud glow is what i want to edit next.

Thank you! :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. All of it on the mark.

having a new issue: i'm changing the DC graffiti...texture works no problem. I've edited the UV maps in the NIFs that display the graffiti to match the new texture.

When i load up the CK, everything looks great, but when I test things in-game, my edited NIFs aren't loading. Any hints? All i did was open the NIFs in Nifskope, edit the UV map and saved them. Did i miss a step?

Launching the game by itself or through MO makes no diff...textures show up but they are using what i assume are the stock NIFs. Loose or archived makes no diff either.

• 3 weeks later...

the exterior view is in the world space, the interior is an interior cell. the lights sources from one do not affect the light sources for the other.

you probalby know that and I'm just misunderstanding what your saying, not the first time. LOL