Veterans day

Aurielius

I had to work today..... cuttin' trees..... outside..... in the COLD...... Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE winter?

But winter is the most amazing season! You can prevent the cold by wearing thicker layer of clothing, or chug some of that hot chocolate. There's not much you can do against the heat.

I would assume cutting trees alone would keep you warm enough.

I had to work today..... cuttin' trees..... outside..... in the COLD...... Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE winter?

But winter is the most amazing season! You can prevent the cold by wearing thicker layer of clothing, or chug some of that hot chocolate. There's not much you can do against the heat.

I would assume cutting trees alone would keep you warm enough.

I will grant you that Winter CAN be beautiful...... but, of late, we haven't even been getting much snow. (I blame that on the snowblower that I bought for my tractor four years ago, and have used a grand total of three times since then.... as we just don't get much snow......) I just hate the cold in general. :) I got out of the automotive field, and went in to computers, simply so that I could work in a climate controlled environment. Now I am retired, and just kinda 'poke at' stuff that people are willing to throw money at me for. (It was plumbing on sunday...... that was fun.) Yep, I am quite mercenary, I'll do damn near anything if the money/benefits are right. (and sometimes, all it requires is a good meal. :) )

There's not much you can do against the heat.

I'm from the southern part of US and I will take the heat any time over cold. I do like snow though. But I grew up running around barefoot on pavement hot enough to cook an egg. Summer is and will always be my favorite time of year.

Hug a veteran next time u meet one- and give him/her a good job already! Combat skills don't translate well into the civilian sector.

There's not much you can do against the heat.

I'm from the southern part of US and I will take the heat any time over cold. I do like snow though. But I grew up running around barefoot on pavement hot enough to cook an egg. Summer is and will always be my favorite time of year.

Hug a veteran next time u meet one- and give him/her a good job already! Combat skills don't translate well into the civilian sector.

Due to health problems, heat doesn't do me any favors either. :) I want to live somewhere that it is mid 70's-low 80's every day, with little humidity. :D Yeah, that's gonna happen......

I will grant you that Winter CAN be beautiful...... but, of late, we haven't even been getting much snow. (I blame that on the snowblower that I bought for my tractor four years ago, and have used a grand total of three times since then.... as we just don't get much snow......) I just hate the cold in general. :smile: I got out of the automotive field, and went in to computers, simply so that I could work in a climate controlled environment. Now I am retired, and just kinda 'poke at' stuff that people are willing to throw money at me for. (It was plumbing on sunday...... that was fun.) Yep, I am quite mercenary, I'll do damn near anything if the money/benefits are right. (and sometimes, all it requires is a good meal. :smile: )

Hey, we're in mid November and I live in Scandinavia, not one instance of snow. Ah, but the cold is here. I wake up getting ready for my day and when I open the front door, there's frost on the railing. Inhaling the cold fresh air in the morning when the sun is shining has to be the best part of the day.

Summer and warmth can be nice to, since I also have fond memories of running barefoot on the dewy grass in my backyard. I just really hate sweating, even if it's a small amount.

It's actually been unseasonably 'warm' (for certain values thereof) here. High 30's, low 40's (F). Of course, I don't expect that to last much longer..... Hasn't snowed yet.... supposed to rain tomorrow...... Not what I generally expect for this time of year... but, it's Micigan. Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes, it'll change. :D