No fallout4.ini file

madcat39

Well after installing a new drive, new windows 10, fresh copy of Fallout 4, fresh copy of NMM, I am getting this message. I went and created "Fallout4Custom.ini" which I indeed changed the extension from .txt to .ini and this is still not working. I launch NMM as administrator and it STILL is telling me it can't find the ini file. I didn't have this problem previously. I don't know what to do now lol. Oh and I made sure it wasn't marked "read only" as well. Please... HELP! :D

Start your game, create a character and save. That should create the .ini file.

The Rabbit

Brandoman, you need Fallout4.ini, not Fallout4Custom.ini

Just load up Fallout4 without NMM being active i.e. straight-up vanilla, and it will be created once the game has initialized. Once you get to the main menu, simply quit the game & the .ini file will have been created.

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar problem. Steam has installed my game to E:/games/steamapps/common/fallout 4/. I have the NMM v. 0.65.2 installed to c:/program files/nexus mod manager.

I have the 3 .ini files (fallout4, fallout4custom,and fallout4prefs) all 3 not read only, and none of the is .ini.txt. They are in c:/users/username/mygames/fallout 4. I am running this on Win 7 Pro 64.

Still with the "NMM has not found your fallout 4 .ini file"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

None of these worked for me..I spent half a day playing with this. Mods work unless they play with new textures. I got a new weapon/helmet and its invisible..so yeah.

I tried all the steps above, I tried adding ,,Fallout4Costum.ini'' made by me but no effect. I tried adding the lines you mentioned, I made sure they are not hidden and they are read only after adding the line.. I reinstalled Nexus, I reinstalled Fallout..I am out of options and for some reason other forums don't have a fix because this worked for most people... any ideas?

• 5 months later...