ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

I've been using the site since Morrowind days, and I have to say, I think it was more functional then than now, honestly. The ONLY thing I like about the new design personally, is the information on when you last downloaded a mod on it's page. I detest that I can't get anything approaching a text list like you could for search results, it's all images now rather than the one image to the left then description to the right that actually makes it usable(well, as usable as the search has ever been on here as flaky as the engine is).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feedback to add as I track all my download time to time with the new design the download history tap in the "user area" is really bad (design and logic behind it), having all game not separated is really confusing.

Can this issue be resolved and re-separate the download history of the various games.

Edited by HellRaz

In response to post #55701166.

HellRaz wrote:

I have a feedback to add as I track all my download time to time with the new design the download history tap in the "user area" is really bad (design and logic behind it), having all game not separated is really confusing.

Can this issue be resolved and re-separate the download history of the various games.

Can you explain what you mean? It works the same as the old site in this regard. If you visit your download history on nexusmods.com you get your entire download history. If you visit your download history on (e.g.) Skyrim Nexus, you get all the Skyrim mods you downloaded (and just Skyrim).

HellRaz wrote:

Can you explain what you mean? It works the same as the old site in this regard. If you visit your download history on nexusmods.com you get your entire download history. If you visit your download history on (e.g.) Skyrim Nexus, you get all the Skyrim mods you downloaded (and just Skyrim).

Ok i found the issue.

Normally from the old site I go on account dropdown menu and go to my "user area" on the new design by the same logic, this is the first day I'm using the new layout, I go press the gear icon of my account and then go to the "download history" tab. After looking a couple of times I found out that the game specific download history is been moved here https://i.imgur.com/ylpN3pT.jpg I personally find this counter intuitive.

So i change my feedback can a filter option be added or a warning that the game specific download history is been moved? Ty :tongue:

Edited by HellRaz

In response to post #55702126.

DartRevan wrote: Pls .tell me! How can i set up Old design by default ? I cant accept new disign

Old.nexusmods.com

If that doesn't work, then the new one is made permanent and it's time you get used to it.

Well,

The new design is quite good but there are still 2-3 things annonying me:

- Could we decide in the options the order of the sections to show (or hide) in the home page ?

for example, i don't want to see the media part, is there a way to place it last in the page or hide it (without adblocking it :p ).

- For the Hot Files, place a bit of opacity in the background color of the description, because sometimes it's unreadeable on the picture.

- In the mod Page, i find the header too big to be a header or not big enough for a cover. For me, it's like an book's cover cut in half. Either you put directly an image in fullscreen with one or 2 informations on it and we scroll to know more, either you place the header with a smaller image, (in the old design it was good, the header didn't take too much space). Oh and again a small background opacity on the text in the header for contrast with the image sometimes.

Apart that, i find the rest quite good.

In response to post #55701616.

HellRaz wrote:

HellRaz wrote:

Ok i found the issue.

Normally from the old site I go on account dropdown menu and go to my "user area" on the new design by the same logic, this is the first day I'm using the new layout, I go press the gear icon of my account and then go to the "download history" tab. After looking a couple of times I found out that the game specific download history is been moved here https://i.imgur.com/ylpN3pT.jpg I personally find this counter intuitive.

So i change my feedback can a filter option be added or a warning that the game specific download history is been moved? Ty :tongue:

That link is also on the old website in the "Mods" drop-down, same as where it is now.

I see what you mean about if you access it from the user area, however. It's because the user area is not specific to a game now, but rather is universal so it doesn't know what site you were originally browsing. Might just require that you use the other download history link that you've found in the mods drop-down that you've already found from now on.

OK, so I recently showed someone I know the Nexus redesign. She has never used Nexus before and actually analyzes websites as part of her job. She said that the new design is "too cluttered," and that she would probably tell the people who made the website to reduce the clutter if she was hired to analyze it. After showing her the old design, she told me it was much better for the user.

Make of that what you will.