Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

My only problem with the functionality of the new design.

Where is the damn advanced search button?

Now to the design side of things. What is the point of that plus sign on the mod thumbnail? These are redundant.

Why would I ever want to look at the image gallery without looking at the mod page first?

Why would I track a mod if I didn't even know what the mod do yet?

They are ugly, and make the page look messy and cluttered.

At least hide them when my mouse is not on top of that mod, or add something that might be useful, like a quick download mod button or endorse button.

Also, remove all these text on the mod thumbnail please, make them display only when you mouse over them.

They simply clutter the page and cover the mod thumbnail(which should not be covered, It's the first impression of the mod).

Edited by Anyu006

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they've done something to make the old design the default again -- going to any Nexus link off Goggle search or just typing in 'nexusmod.com' now always sends me to the old deign, instead of the new one. If I want the new one, I have to manually insert 'rd' after the http bit in every link. Bloody inconvenient.

I certainly hope this isn't an answer to all the kvetching about the changes. For the first time in years, I've been able to properly and EASILY browse mod images, for example, something that's solely due to the new design.

In response to post #56247766.

twowolves80 wrote:

Let's hope it's a temporary reversion. The optimist in me says that it's so they can undoubtedly fix a major bug or do a major overhaul of the UI/UX. Fingers crossed.

I think they might have switched back to the old design for the holidays because of the increased traffic and load on the servers. The servers hosting the new design might be less effective at least until the final stage is reached.

I must say that I am very impressed with the new touch up, while functionality wise it is still suffering, the visual improvements are outstanding. the old website was certainly in need of an upgrade almost as much as the steam website is. I am very happy with the overall design. Keep up to the good work fellas