Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55626541. #55627156 is also a reply to the same post.

GoodWayfarer wrote: This new design just terrible, can we get old style?
SilentWarriorr wrote: I agree totally... this new design make my eyes bleeding. If smbd needs "this" - just make this new style by checkable option in settings. Why the heck you're enforcing ALL to use it if they don't want to...?

Are your eyes bleeding? are they really? Maybe we should call Vatican, we might have some mutant stigmata on our hands..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55626666.

Niborino9409 wrote:

The new design is downright horrible, honestly. Not only does it look outdated, but it's also a counterintuitive mess as compared to the old design, not to mention a big "screw you" to my (and apparently thousands of other users') muscle memory. I hope I'll be able to revert the unasked-for changes once and for all, rather than having to bookmark every old.nexusmods.com/title I'm used to. Having a corresponding setting in one's profile would be great. And I still fail to comprehend the mindset of people who are eager to fix what isn't broken.

They aren't keeping the old site. The old.nexusmods won't be around forever. As for muscle memory, it can be rewired.

> They aren't keeping the old site

That's the problem. I wouldn't mind the new design as long as there would be an option to revert to the old one, but I guess it's too much to ask for :\ A shame, really.

In response to post #55626666. #55627476 is also a reply to the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

The new design is downright horrible, honestly. Not only does it look outdated, but it's also a counterintuitive mess as compared to the old design, not to mention a big "screw you" to my (and apparently thousands of other users') muscle memory. I hope I'll be able to revert the unasked-for changes once and for all, rather than having to bookmark every old.nexusmods.com/title I'm used to. Having a corresponding setting in one's profile would be great. And I still fail to comprehend the mindset of people who are eager to fix what isn't broken.

They aren't keeping the old site. The old.nexusmods won't be around forever. As for muscle memory, it can be rewired.

Silbervogel wrote: > They aren't keeping the old site

That's the problem. I wouldn't mind the new design as long as there would be an option to revert to the old one, but I guess it's too much to ask for :\ A shame, really.

You ready to support the whole costs of maintaining a secondary website aspect just for a few people?

I know everyone worked very hard on this new layout but I can't stand it.

scrolling down the page is a pain as my eyes now have to strain across two columns of oversized and highly cluttered mod "thumbnails". It is literally an unpleasant experience trying to browse the site. Things aren't much better when I actually get to the mod page, and the trend continues.Everything is too large and in-your-face. There seems to be no focal point or point of reference, and stuff that would normally be concentrated around the title at the top are now scattered around the whole page. It's too cluttered and there is so much uninformative trash on there, who was really asking for a virus scan?

I'm also not super keen on the standardised "requirements/ permissions / etc etc" but that's just taste.

The whole change is absolutely painful to use, and I'm finished trying it out. I'm sticking strictly to the old layout.

The way I see it, the options are these:

(1) Revert the changes completely to the old layout

(2) Leave a big beautiful link to the old layout and never remove it ever

(3) Like others have said, make the new one the mobile layout, but have to old one for PC

In response to post #55626666. #55627476, #55627586 are all replies on the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

Ethreon wrote: You ready to support the whole costs of maintaining a secondary website aspect just for a few people?

Judging by this thread, there's not so few of them. Those who like the new layout are actually a minority. The question is not "are you ready to maintain a secondary website?", but rather "is there a point in making unnecessary changes?", and that's where the problems begin.

In response to post #55626541. #55627156, #55627441 are all replies on the same post.

GoodWayfarer wrote: This new design just terrible, can we get old style?
SilentWarriorr wrote: I agree totally... this new design make my eyes bleeding. If smbd needs "this" - just make this new style by checkable option in settings. Why the heck you're enforcing ALL to use it if they don't want to...?
Ethreon wrote: Are your eyes bleeding? are they really? Maybe we should call Vatican, we might have some mutant stigmata on our hands..

yeah, they're bleeding with the new design. You can call Vatican, but i'll capture them and torture in most bloody-way.
so, as i see by reading the posts - this design is shitty (by all ways) to much more users that do like it.

In response to post #55626666. #55627476, #55627586, #55628076 are all replies on the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

Ethreon wrote: You ready to support the whole costs of maintaining a secondary website aspect just for a few people?
Silbervogel wrote: Judging by this thread, there's not so few of them. Those who like the new layout are actually a minority. The question is not "are you ready to maintain a secondary website?", but rather "is there a point in making unnecessary changes?", and that's where the problems begin.

More like "bunch of folks can't stand change and they're very vocal while the majority just use the website and mind their daily lives".

There's already an article explaining why the website aspect is being changed. Nobody's problem you don't feel like reading.

In response to post #55624976.

Leonionin wrote: WHY?!
Just... why?

Why change something that works great?
Why change something that people are used to?
Do you have nothing else to waste you time on?

Jeez, I hate updates for the sake of updates.
When will site owners finally understand that no-one wants their new designs...

Why we started using copper? Flint worked just fine. I hate copper, knives made out of it are so shiny, and flat compared to my flint knives, give me back my flint! Edited by starfis

In response to post #55626666. #55627476, #55627586, #55628076, #55628326 are all replies on the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

Silbervogel wrote: Judging by this thread, there's not so few of them. Those who like the new layout are actually a minority. The question is not "are you ready to maintain a secondary website?", but rather "is there a point in making unnecessary changes?", and that's where the problems begin.
Ethreon wrote: More like "bunch of folks can't stand change and they're very vocal while the majority just use the website and mind their daily lives".

There's already an article explaining why the website aspect is being changed. Nobody's problem you don't feel like reading.

More like "bunch of folks can't stand a change they never asked for and which makes browsing the site extremely uncomfortable". And I don't really care about the reasons behind this all new design thing. All I see is a poor attempt at fixing something that was working flawlessly... until the final decision was made to turn this site into a mobile-like abomination.

In response to post #55624976. #55628451 is also a reply to the same post.

Leonionin wrote: WHY?!
Just... why?

Why change something that works great?
Why change something that people are used to?
Do you have nothing else to waste you time on?

Jeez, I hate updates for the sake of updates.
When will site owners finally understand that no-one wants their new designs...
starfis wrote: Why we started using copper? Flint worked just fine. I hate copper, knives made out of it are so shiny, and flat compared to my flint knives, give me back my flint!

Not really relevant, but... flint and obsidian blades are actually sharper and more effective then copper (and many other metals, but much more breakable, or course). Copper was way too soft a metal to hold a good edge. Lots of other useful things can be made of it though. :) There is a reason you hear about the bronze age, but you rarely hear mention of a copper age.