Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY?!

Just... why?

Why change something that works great?

Why change something that people are used to?

Do you have nothing else to waste you time on?

Jeez, I hate updates for the sake of updates.

When will site owners finally understand that no-one wants their new designs...

First of all i like Nexus, it is one of best platform for mods and usualy i like something new and better, but this new redisign - is horrible, first - visual part, second - uncomfortable logic of sections and it is not because it something new. no. And like i see not only for me. Old design was best.

The new layout is cluttered, and hard to find things on, but hopefully it can be refined with time. Thank you for putting the red outlines back around the sticky posts, so it is easy to see when you get to the end of them. It is a terrible color of pale red, the dark red from before was much better, but at least the functionality is back. When I look at my "Updates" (took me the longest time to figure out that is where all the alerts/notifications are hiding, many of which are not updates at all), the number of new ones does not clear, like it did before. So, for instance, it shows "8" for 8 new notifications, I look at the list, and close it. That used to clear the number of new notifications, but it no longer does so. Please don't tell me I have to actually open the page of ever one of those links, in order to clear the number of "new" notifications? At the very least, have the option to mark them as seen, so that you can get back to them later, but they don't hinder seeing actually NEW new notifications. There are many things I want to save for later when I do my next wave up updates (for instance), but don't want to deal with right away.

Edit: Okay, the Skyrim SE sight has slightly different coloring then vanilla Skyrim, that is good (more difference would be better, still a bit close). And it is a really lovely shade of periwinkle-purple, a beautiful color... but it really just does not feel appropriate for Skyrim SE. *wry smile*

Edit2: So in an effort to clear some of the "New" items from my list of notifications ("Updates", which most aren't), I went and viewed the pages that the links lead to... and that still does not clear the "New" items from my count of New under "Updates", nor does it grey out the link as it should once it has been seen.

Edit3: How come there is no description on mouse-over for the mods on the hot list under the top two giant ones? That is really necessary, in order to see what those mods are about.

Edited by Eolhin

The new design is downright horrible, honestly. Not only does it look outdated, but it's also a counterintuitive mess as compared to the old design, not to mention a big "screw you" to my (and apparently thousands of other users') muscle memory. I hope I'll be able to revert the unasked-for changes once and for all, rather than having to bookmark every old.nexusmods.com/title I'm used to. Having a corresponding setting in one's profile would be great. And I still fail to comprehend the mindset of people who are eager to fix what isn't broken.

The new design is downright horrible, honestly. Not only does it look outdated, but it's also a counterintuitive mess as compared to the old design, not to mention a big "screw you" to my (and apparently thousands of other users') muscle memory. I hope I'll be able to revert the unasked-for changes once and for all, rather than having to bookmark every old.nexusmods.com/title I'm used to. Having a corresponding setting in one's profile would be great. And I still fail to comprehend the mindset of people who are eager to fix what isn't broken.

They aren't keeping the old site. The old.nexusmods won't be around forever. As for muscle memory, it can be rewired.