Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

the new layout is horrible and makes me not want to view anything released b/c of the headache-inducing mess.. i was trying to compare a mod i have used to increase radiation and something i thought i might wanna try instead, after staring at that layout again (seeing it not have the option at first for the old) made me abandon the entire situation until i found the "old"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to feel like I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying, but the new design is honestly pretty messy. There are way too many same colored buttons thrown every where. Tabs don't stand out enough, it's hard to tell where and what you are clicking on sometimes. Everything seems to blend together.

Before there was distinct groupings, pictures for tabs, really easy to navigate. Now everything kind of flows together, it's honestly jarring and I'll be using the old design as long as I can.

Just wanna say I've been loving the new design and have already moved over to it. Reading some comments from others it seems this isn't true of everyone... But, for me, things have been easy to figure out, the design is intuitive, easier for me to look at, read, etc. and generally much better style-wise. :) Thank you for changing the site in a way that makes sense at least to me. I mean, I changed all my bookmarks of mod pages to have rd instead of www. Can't stand the old design anymore. Hopefully nothing so significant happens that you have to revert the site, however temporary. Until the changes are stable on www, though, I hope I can keep using rd in the meantime. :)

The new design is for me a major step backwards. Like Win7 to 8, everything about the new site seems to be calibrated for touch screens and tablets, a mystifying design choice given that this is a site largely dedicated to games > 4 years old. It's unadorned and distastefully utilitarian, but lacking any real visual hierarchy it's not even particularly functional. This whole project feels like make-work for designers.

And finally, why is it that now regardless of the game I'm mod browsing for, I always see Skyrim artwork? Before each sub-site had individuality and character. Now everything just feels cold.

Flat design is a horrible trend. The old design is much better, friendlier to the eyes, and easier to navigate. On the old site, you can tell exactly what is a link or button and what isn't, while the entire new site is flat and only identifies controls when you mouse over them. The new design also lacks the convenient features of the old one, like the ability to see a summary of the Hot Files mods by mousing over them.

Like someone else said below, the entire thing looks like make-work for a web designer. Unneeded and unwanted.

In response to post #55254938.

InAComaDial999 wrote: Flat design is a horrible trend. The old design is much better, friendlier to the eyes, and easier to navigate. On the old site, you can tell exactly what is a link or button and what isn't, while the entire new site is flat and only identifies controls when you mouse over them. The new design also lacks the convenient features of the old one, like the ability to see a summary of the Hot Files mods by mousing over them.

Like someone else said below, the entire thing looks like make-work for a web designer. Unneeded and unwanted.

They speak the truth!

In response to post #55254328.

ShadeC4 wrote: Just wanna say I've been loving the new design and have already moved over to it. Reading some comments from others it seems this isn't true of everyone... But, for me, things have been easy to figure out, the design is intuitive, easier for me to look at, read, etc. and generally much better style-wise. :) Thank you for changing the site in a way that makes sense at least to me. I mean, I changed all my bookmarks of mod pages to have rd instead of www. Can't stand the old design anymore. Hopefully nothing so significant happens that you have to revert the site, however temporary. Until the changes are stable on www, though, I hope I can keep using rd in the meantime. :)

Same here, I love the new site. Seeing the old site now just makes me upset :)

I hate the new design. Since the nexusmods still is the best site for mods to me, i will stuck with you, but when the old design is shut down and only the new site is available, well.... i will stuck with you, but i will hate you forever at the same time for making me use the new design and i will hate myself for using it and not leaving nexus and i will hate everything from then on.

I hate the new design so much and i hate you for creating it.

I hate you.