Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55642786.

saintpeter wrote: Can't find the download button to update a mod , :(

On top of the background image for the mod, at the lower right of that section, should be both types of downloads. Either that, or go to the Files tab.

I hate this new format! The older designs have always been ugly, but at least they worked. It's so much harder just to read the mods now because it only takes 3 mods to fill the screen space. All I ask for is a way I can quickly look at mods, and then click off of Nexus. No one wants to be on Nexus for more than an hour. I just want to check the latest mods daily, and then leave. I have tried zooming out, but the site was literally coded against that, so when I zoom out, it just adds more mods and makes it even harder to read.

I can't even use the site until it's fixed, otherwise I'll be spending way too much time looking at only a hand full of mods. Again, the old Nexus worked, it was just ugly to look at (like how 4chan works but it looks like it was made in the 90's).

In response to post #55626551. #55630901, #55633596, #55633931, #55641576 are all replies on the same post.

Eolhin wrote: The new layout is cluttered, and hard to find things on, but hopefully it can be refined with time. Thank you for putting the red outlines back around the sticky posts, so it is easy to see when you get to the end of them. It is a terrible color of pale red, the dark red from before was much better, but at least the functionality is back. When I look at my "Updates" (took me the longest time to figure out that is where all the alerts/notifications are hiding, many of which are not updates at all), the number of new ones does not clear, like it did before. So, for instance, it shows "8" for 8 new notifications, I look at the list, and close it. That used to clear the number of new notifications, but it no longer does so. Please don't tell me I have to actually open the page of ever one of those links, in order to clear the number of "new" notifications? At the very least, have the option to mark them as seen, so that you can get back to them later, but they don't hinder seeing actually NEW new notifications. There are many things I want to save for later when I do my next wave up updates (for instance), but don't want to deal with right away.

Edit: Okay, the Skyrim SE sight has slightly different coloring then vanilla Skyrim, that is good (more difference would be better, still a bit close). And it is a really lovely shade of periwinkle-purple, a beautiful color... but it really just does not feel appropriate for Skyrim SE. *wry smile*

Edit2: So in an effort to clear some of the "New" items from my list of notifications ("Updates", which most aren't), I went and viewed the pages that the links lead to... and that still does not clear the "New" items from my count of New under "Updates", nor does it grey out the link as it should once it has been seen.

Edit3: How come there is no description on mouse-over for the mods on the hot list under the top two giant ones? That is really necessary, in order to see what those mods are about.
Eolhin wrote: Perhaps add the option to minimize certain elements of the page for a mod, like the Tags section, and the thumbnails (things a returning user likely won't be so interested in, after using them once), in order to actually have the text visible without excessive scrolling? That would give people the option to reduce the clutter somewhat on their own view of a page.
Eolhin wrote: The Mods of the Month no longer seem to appear on the front page of the game at all, even scrolling all the way down. What is the point of having mods of the month, if the list isn't somewhere visible on the front page?
Eolhin wrote: I had marked "Hide Adult Content", and I am still seeing mods that are very much not safe for work. I had found the hidden link to the Mods of the month, and both September and October have explicit pictures as the image for mods from those months. When I say "Hide Adult Content", I expect it to be hidden, no matter whether it was chosen as a mod of the month or not! The adult content filter is something that really needs to work correctly! (Specifically, the image for the mod 'Harem - 18 followers'.)
Eolhin wrote: Adding to the above... The tagging system doesn't extend to the thumbnails, from what I can tell. And many of the thumbnails are very much NSFW. I remember that on the old site, if I had those settings on (Hide Adult Content, blocking all of the tags for SEXY/SKIMPY, NOT SAFE FOR WORK, NUDITY)(excuse the caps, that was copy/paste), I would not be seeing even the thumbnails for the mods that should be being filtered out. Because the thumbnails are still, obviously, NSFW. In the old layout, the Mods of the Month were in a list format, without thumbnails, so it was never an issue there. It is now.

I was wondering about where the Mods of the Month section was too.
If I want to check on the Mods of the Month, I now have to access the page through the Mods dropdown menu. Doesn't make sense to me at all. :/

(EDIT: Sorry, this was supposed to be a direct reply to your MotM comment, but I guess comments don't nest that far anymore?) Edited by noxvulpes

Please give users the option in their preferences to use the old layout by default; this way here those that like the new layout can use it but those of us that really like the old layout and depend on the look of the old layout can use that one as well. =)

If the new layout becomes the norm and the old layout is permanently shelved I can see myself using the nexus less in the future because I think the new layout is bad. =/

Think you lost me on this one, a site full of pictures and very little information. To get information click on the pictures to get more pictures, scroll down, now some information. Two light grey bars running across the page, eyes squinting because it's painful to look at. Headache starting and I've looked at 2 pictures, I guess these are mods, cant tell, hurts my eyes to look at the screen. Maybe I could turn down the brightness on my monitor, really! for one website. Moved my mouse over the page, so many pictures, so little information, maybe if I stop on a picture it would give me a better description, nope. Holy Cr*p what was that my eyes almost went out the back of my head, oh, your favorites, a huge white screen that blows across my screen. Maybe because I wear glasses, nope. Even typing this is painful to look at. Can you maybe bring in the edges so that there is less scanning and maybe tone down the colors, and maybe make the pictures a little smaller, and maybe put in a little more information about the mods your looking at so you don't have to open every one to see what they are, and have the buttons actually make sense, though I really cant use the buttons, because your page really hurts to look at. Oh well, guess this is progress.

Sorry, only one grey bar on the first page that hurts to look at this page has 2. Don't know what to tell you to fix the pain of looking at you page. Maybe look at what you had, subdue some of the blues, that really seam to shine out, stop the things that flash across the page when you move your mouse across the top, maybe slow them down, just look at what you had that did work and maybe incorporate some.

Edited by bigd4450

kinda feel like this is nothing different as if you were to go fix the family car. nothing wrong with it, maybe could use some adjustments, but nothing super wrong with it. You end up taking it apart completely, cant put it back together again, so you have to go out and buy a P.O.S cash car. now the whole family is pissed at you and you know why but you cant do s#*! about it because you already spent all your money on the crappy cash car that barely even functions, and the perfectly good old one is now junked.

i suggest you put a little time and effort to bring back the perfectly good old one with some improvements, instead of junking it and force feeding us this P.O.S

its ugly, its unreliable/difficult to navigate (idk wtf I'm looking at half the time, the setup is such a nightmare) half of the functions don't even work.

all in all it went to somewhat pleasant to just depressing.