Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no way am I trying to undermine your guys' efforts and work - not the case at all - but I do have some criticism regarding the newer site design.

I have been on it for about a week, using it as much as I can. I still have problems "seeing" where everything's at. Like, it's very difficult for me to navigate through the site. I'm assuming it's because of the more modern, borderless design that it holds. It is massively frustrating for me and it gives me a literal headache from the eyestrain.

I'm really not trying to take anything away from it. It looks good, and it's obvious that a lot of time was put into it which is something I really appreciate. I love seeing hard work getting payed off, and I'm glad a lot of others are enjoying the new site design. (It just isn't for me)

I hope that you can mitigate this by having an option to keep the old design for myself and others available to continue using. Thank you for listening!

Edited by Ellexius

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711, #55892361, #55896501, #55903126 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I hate the new design so much
Graslama wrote: Why?
schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f*#@ed by nexus.
I know i am not able to change it and nobody will listen to me or my feelings about this and at least it is not my website, it is theirs, so nobody will give a single f*** about my opinion, but what i can do is tell them every other day, that i hate it forever and ever and i hate the nexus team for changing it. They need to know even if nobody cares. In a democracy, thats the least i can do. Using my right to stand up and say "I hate you". So thats what i do.
slippyguy wrote: Give some proper feedback and your opinion will be taken into account.
RestlessPilgrim wrote: Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!
Ethreon wrote: Proper feedback - give feedback on the new version, either specifying what is wrong and you want changed, or what could be improved. The old one is not coming back.
"I hate it" is not really of any use to anyone.
schnubbel76 wrote: I dont see it in my responsibility to be "of use". I have just an opinion, i am very very sad about the changes that i mentioned and i dont want to be part of the thinktank for further changes. I want the old one back and as you say, that is not gonnna happen. So all is left to me is being frustrated and say it out loud, because somehow it helps me emotionally. At least more as if i just would remain silent. I know it is of no use. But it is not my duty to be of use for anybody. I have to endure the new design. So you have to endure my criticism. And i in return have to endure your criticism of my criticism. Circle of life.
LavaCroft wrote: If you're just going to complain for the complaining without even attempting to provide any kind of valuable feedback, I would create a Twitter account or something.

Freeloading complainers like you don't realize that you do indeed have the power to cause changes in the design of the website. However, only if you are actually able to verbally express yourself in a way that explains your grievances and what the developers could do to improve the situation. Stop crying, stop complaining, try and help the developers improve on the things you feel are bad.

It's a situation where nobody loses, everybody wins and the website improves.
schnubbel76 wrote: Lava Croft, ok, heres what the developers can do to improve the situation. Give us the option to switch back to the old website. Then im fine. No complaining anymore.

It would counter productive to run two versions of the site.

In response to post #55809056. #55857986 is also a reply to the same post.

RestlessPilgrim wrote:

Redesign

Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it. Now it's forced on us anyway.

It's basically a massive step backwards for Nexus.

Search is now useless due to complete arbitrary "definitions". Layout is the same as every other shitty website out there. Simply put, if it isn't broke, don't ram it down my throat!!!

How about a choice NOT to use this AWFUL new "design"?

sewagerat wrote: clap clap clap.

I wanted it I'm sure a lot others did as well.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711, #55892361, #55896501, #55903126, #55912996 are all replies on the same post.

schnubbel76 wrote: I've explained it so much, i write every other day that i hate that. It is not good structured, it looks flat, i miss or dont find some old funtions, the colors are crap, the buttons are crap, it feeles unintuitive, i just dont like it, no i hate it and i will never understand why they felt the need to change it in the first place. It was good as it was. Never touch a working system. If only they would have made it better, but that is not the case. Nothing is better at all. At least not for the user. Maybe there were technical reasons to do this crap. But to me as a user, i feel f*#@ed by nexus.
I know i am not able to change it and nobody will listen to me or my feelings about this and at least it is not my website, it is theirs, so nobody will give a single f*** about my opinion, but what i can do is tell them every other day, that i hate it forever and ever and i hate the nexus team for changing it. They need to know even if nobody cares. In a democracy, thats the least i can do. Using my right to stand up and say "I hate you". So thats what i do.
slippyguy wrote: Give some proper feedback and your opinion will be taken into account.
RestlessPilgrim wrote: Define "proper feedback" then because it's not like the numerous complaints aren't pretty clear! Didn't ask for it, don't like it, can't search properly, etc etc etc Just because people disagree with something you want to force on us doesn't make 'em wrong!
Ethreon wrote: Proper feedback - give feedback on the new version, either specifying what is wrong and you want changed, or what could be improved. The old one is not coming back.
schnubbel76 wrote: I dont see it in my responsibility to be "of use". I have just an opinion, i am very very sad about the changes that i mentioned and i dont want to be part of the thinktank for further changes. I want the old one back and as you say, that is not gonnna happen. So all is left to me is being frustrated and say it out loud, because somehow it helps me emotionally. At least more as if i just would remain silent. I know it is of no use. But it is not my duty to be of use for anybody. I have to endure the new design. So you have to endure my criticism. And i in return have to endure your criticism of my criticism. Circle of life.
LavaCroft wrote: If you're just going to complain for the complaining without even attempting to provide any kind of valuable feedback, I would create a Twitter account or something.

Freeloading complainers like you don't realize that you do indeed have the power to cause changes in the design of the website. However, only if you are actually able to verbally express yourself in a way that explains your grievances and what the developers could do to improve the situation. Stop crying, stop complaining, try and help the developers improve on the things you feel are bad.

schnubbel76 wrote: Lava Croft, ok, heres what the developers can do to improve the situation. Give us the option to switch back to the old website. Then im fine. No complaining anymore.
MARTMM3571 wrote: It would counter productive to run two versions of the site.

Are you planning to pay for the development time spent supporting a legacy layout?

I think my biggest complaint with the new design is I can't permanently enable it. When I follow links from the NMM they show up in the old version. The other problem is the "Try the new version" link re-directs to the main page, instead of redirecting to the page you were on when you clicked the try new version banner.

In response to post #55865556. #55876431, #55886026, #55887056, #55887846, #55889711, #55892361, #55896501, #55903126, #55912996, #55918846 are all replies on the same post.

MARTMM3571 wrote: It would counter productive to run two versions of the site.
slippyguy wrote: Are you planning to pay for the development time spent supporting a legacy layout?

You just sound like a big crying Baby that's scared of his new rattler and wants his old one back.
Give real input or shut the hell up!! Please.

In response to post #55809056. #55857986, #55914176 are all replies on the same post.

RestlessPilgrim wrote:

Redesign

Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it. Now it's forced on us anyway.

It's basically a massive step backwards for Nexus.

Search is now useless due to complete arbitrary "definitions". Layout is the same as every other shitty website out there. Simply put, if it isn't broke, don't ram it down my throat!!!

How about a choice NOT to use this AWFUL new "design"?

sewagerat wrote: clap clap clap.
MARTMM3571 wrote: I wanted it I'm sure a lot others did as well.

I am not having much difficulty using it at all. I didn't have any problems with the old one either and also saw no reason to get rid of it. Nevertheless, its gone people, and is this really that bad? Be more specific, cause a lot of us have no problem with it at all.

Really dislike the new layout. I like that hot files is in the same place.

While it takes less clicks to get to new and trending mods the website itself takes longer to load and it is much much much harder to parse information on the screen. As a personal thing i really don't like how the new layout seems to be a rainbow of grey and i don't think it helps my troubles of differentiating between mods and reading text.

It feels like change for the sake of change which is frustrating.