[LE] Moving and naked mannequins... debate!

cumbrianlad

I had this problem when putting together a dungeon. Found two ways to fix it.

#1 I had to rewrite the script with an added OnLoad (without going to look) I believe.

#2 Created a small round stone they would stand on (anything would work they could stand on) then only nav-meshed

that small area. Just enough for them to stand on but not be able to move. Basically tiny nav-mesh island.

Edited by NexusComa2

I've been using navmesh islands. That seems to work for my room full of mannequins. I did have a small problem of sometimes entering and some would be standing on air with their heads in the ceiling. Moving them and their stands slightly more away from the walls fixed that.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Navmesh is the solution.
Mannequins are NPC's and need navmesh to move around.
Make a triangle navmesh.

Fasten the vertices in right and left foot, on the top side of the foot, and one on the floor, in the middle, aligned with the heels.

No scripts other than MannequinActivatorSCRIPT

Mannequins navmeSS pic

Hi, new to modding also.
I have an armory with something like 30 to 40 mannequins in 4 rooms and everything works well except them. My biggest problem is not even moving, it's their collision. They lose their collision, when the cell loads they are put back but collision stays where it was so I'm finding this invisible mannequin collision here and there. It's awful. Had someone experienced this problem?
I duplicated the original mannequins id, other than that it's the same.

Edit:

Well, I created a new race for mannequins, though I had to add not only morph race, but armor race too. So far so good, the collision bug is gone now and the mannequins seem to be in their places. I really hope it will stay that way because no navmesh technique would help me. Looks like a reasonable choice to eliminate the problem in it's roots and not to deal with consequences.

Edited by craftymonkey

You can add a property to a custom mannequin script with the cords of where they are then use a onload command from the cell load to place them where they belong. You will never notice it and they will always be the in the right spot. No way for it to fail.

You can add a property to a custom mannequin script with the cords of where they are then use a onload command from the cell load to place them where they belong. You will never notice it and they will always be the in the right spot. No way for it to fail.

Most of them were in places I placed them BUT their collisions weren't. Collisions were in totally random spots. Icecreamassasin created a topic here in 2014 describing this issue but nothing helped, only changing their race helped me.

There's like 40 of them in my mod so it could be the numbers but for now it works as intended so I'm going to release the mod and we'll see where it goes.

I was talking about an extreme fix.

Hi, new to modding also.
I have an armory with something like 30 to 40 mannequins in 4 rooms and everything works well except them. My biggest problem is not even moving, it's their collision. They lose their collision, when the cell loads they are put back but collision stays where it was so I'm finding this invisible mannequin collision here and there. It's awful. Had someone experienced this problem?
I duplicated the original mannequins id, other than that it's the same.

Edit:

Well, I created a new race for mannequins, though I had to add not only morph race, but armor race too. So far so good, the collision bug is gone now and the mannequins seem to be in their places. I really hope it will stay that way because no navmesh technique would help me. Looks like a reasonable choice to eliminate the problem in it's roots and not to deal with consequences.

This is a really good test. I've never seen the collision boxes like that. Really shows the error nicely.

• 2 months later...