Issgard

PrometheusTS

ok grazie mille!

sai inizio anche io a modellare e vedendomi qualche video su youtube ho visto che alcuni iniziano direttamente col corpo base di riferimento in zbrush senza passare da 3dsmax o blender, ma mi sembrava un pò troppo difficile modellare mesh distaccate come ad esempio gli spallacci o le gonne....

grazie ancora e buona fortuna col progetto!

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have decided to reelaborate a bit the Material concepts .... for the weapons ...

I am possibily thinking of removing the Shards of Stalhrim for the other steel types like skyforge and Issgardean steel and introduce a new materials :

Fulgurite

A material that is skyborn and due to lightning striking on sole and hitting ore... very rare and very peculiar properties ... actually can be even meteoric origins or produced by cataclysm ...

this woudl lead to the reason of the Skyforge as the forge is based on a fulgurite ore vein , and only the smith there can produce it keeping secret the origin of the skyforge steel infact the player cannot craft them ...

Tough the equivalent is the nordhero sword , done with draug material ...

SO in Issgard I am thinking to justificate the draugr material with fulgurite ore ...

the fulgurite will be at the base of the issgardean steel , allowing also the production with no need of skyforge in issgardean forges with provided fulgurite ingots ...

Coal

Coal is more common and will be used to create the following material

Issgardean Steel ( Wootz steel )

Wootz steel or in this case the Issgardean Steel ... throught the use of corundum , iron , fulgurite and coal ore ...

This will allow the creation of Wootz steel ingots that wil be called Issgardean steel

Stalhrim

Stalhrim will play a different role so limited to a more arcane and magical nature , still the same lore applies as I have written above in the other posts , but it will serve only to create Stalhrim weapons and eventually the dragon steel ...

Dragonsteel

Is a special type of wootz material embedded with dragon blood that will so give peculiar features to the kind of steel produced .

Pattern Welded steel

made out of Wootz ingots will allow the production of Akavir blades and weapons as well as the Dragon steel ... this kind of steel may feature particular damascus patterns or japanese style patterns on the surface ...

to avoid mod incompatibility , those materials and techniques will be added all into the "steel category in but only after unlocking advanced armors , dragon forging or glass smithing ...

The Actual Issgardean names for the materials are :

Stal ( Steel )

Skystal ( Clouds Steel )

Grindstal ( folded Steel )

Issstal ( Icey Steel )

Drakstal ( Dragon Steel )

Rhimstal ( stalhrim ) ( Steel Frost )

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

Here you can see the Two different Ore types introduced :

Fulgurite ( Sky steel or Skystal )

Stalhrim ( FrostSteel or rhimstal )

The items have special reflections and in particular the stalhrim piece has several translucency effects , parallax, subsurfaces etc that give it a glass/ice look when moving it that is not appreciable with a still image ...

I may add a second version of Stalhrim that is less blueish ...

I used this tone to match better with the Skyrim ice , but Issgardean Ice is whiter so I may add also a whiter version ....

Fulgurite will allow the creation of all Issgardean weapons and armors

I am considering to allow the Skysteel to be the base ( secret ) for the skyforge weapons so the same ingots can replace the Dragur weapon requirements ...

Allowing so the possibility to create , Skyforge steel , Nordhero weapons , Ancient Nord weapons and armors , Akaviri weapons and armors .

Fulgurite

the fulgurite is a real Life materials that is derived by Extreme heating of mineral ores by a lightning , a volcanic eruption or even a meteoric impact ... SO I guess it fitted pretty well to describe a special Iron type comparable to the Wootz ( when produced in ingots ) that was at the base of the best steel weapons of the ancient times ....

This may allow ( at least in my mod ) to craft all the skyforge items ( that are usually not possible to ) by using fulgurite , the idea is that those weapons where secretly hold and possible to work only at the high temperatures at the skyforge or in an issgardian forge ( in my mod ) ... this will allow the creation of all the more advanced steel weapons from akavir to others ... eventually open also to other alloy type combinations ...

The concept is that the fulgurite is a high carbon based Iron , then Refined the Issgardean Ingot or Skysteel is comparable to wootz steel of Ancient t

Stalhrim

This is the reintroduction of the Stalhrim ( Rimstal in Issgardean ) that will allow the creatio nof some rare stalhrim weapons in two species , rough and refined ... rough will have a look similar to the one used by that guy ... I will have to add some some scripting to the stalhrim that may add the Chillrend effect wich supposely could be made of stalhrim as well....

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

Che dire, complimenti sia per la fantasia che per la capacità tecnica, dobbiamo solo aspettare che tu finisca http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif.

i havent read the entire thread (its huge) but the first post, and just wanna say your mod is looking amazing, im sure this will be on the quality scale of something like Nehrim, it definetly looks that way, thanks for making stuff like this, this type of mods are just amazing.

A preliminary texture for the Issgardean armor model ...

comments are welcome , possibly criticism ...

Model

I still need to make some hightlights and shadings on the leather parts and metal parts ...

the heavy version will feature also forearm protections and a Plate cuirass , while the light version will onlyfeature chainmail and the frontal metal plaques ...

All will also be provided with :

Chainmail Glove

Plate/Chainmail Gauntles

Fur Cape

Leather/fur Boots

Plate Boots

Chainmail hood

Chainmail faceask helmet

Plate facemask helmet

I may add some small further details later like some secondary belt or bags ...