Issgard

PrometheusTS

:dance: @ Prometheus:

The info on your mod development web page gave me a few more ideas:

-- I researched 'fulgurite': it's quite rare and naturally created when lightning strikes quartz crystal.

Interesting.....perhaps a rare and mineable surface deposit (respawnable), and/or a brilliant mage once ago discovering by accident >ZAP-BOOM!< a new, artificial production method/means involving the application of focused, perhaps amplified and VERY powerful shock magic on raw, mined quartz from mineable quartz veins.^^ (either surface or subterranean)

I'm guessing fulgurite crystal/ingot, whether natural or artificial, is similar to obsidian, and is also an alloying material alongside charcoal and corundum/copper,** for the forging of your different, interesting and strong steel alloys that you described.

** (I have a mod, forget which one, that changes all vanilla corundum veins to copper.)

-- I like the idea of small mineable stalhrim deposits at the meteor-fragment impact crator(s) you mentioned, on Issgard and Solstheim. :thumbsup:

-- You will make Master Smith Eorlund Grey-Mane either massively jealous, or massively happy :dance: if you can somehow arrange to regularly ship some of these precious alloying ores/ingots to him way down-south at Whiterun's Skyforge, never mind EVERY other equally jealous Smith in Skyrim!! :biggrin:

-- For producing steel, coal was NEVER used, until the invention and use of MUCH cleaner-burning coke fuel, since coal is far too dirty and smoky, imparting way too many impurities to the steel, and ruining it for all practical purposes.

To produce coke, coal was stacked in hermetically-sealed vacuum ovens and baked at around 1100 degrees C or higher, then cooled.

First known production and use: China: 900-1100 AD, England: 1600s.

-- Charburners' camps, however, would produce the quantities of earlier and likewise clean-burning charcoal badly needed for the smithies and smelters.

Using earlier, similar but simpler production methods to coking later on, Charburners would fit right in much more nicely than the more advanced coke ovens, IMO.

Charburning, incidentally, caused VAST de-forestation :( before the advent of coking literally saved the forests, :) so all Charburning camps would have plenty of treestumps around, just like lumbermills.

Also, brewing beer, ale and mead used wood, charcoal, and later, coke as fuel, but not polluting coal, as the resulting taste would be ruined big time! :sick: :yucky:

-- BTW: I might have forgotten, but Issgard will also have geothermal hot-springs, right? :sweat: :D

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers, and kind regards! :)

Edited by AmadanBezerk

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

°Fulgurite in the concept is developed to fill in the background of the Skysteel left empty and foggy by Bethesda ...

Since it is called Skysteel , it made sense to have fulgurite in as special ore that helpse creating the superior steel quality . It's actually an idea mix between meteoric iron and lightning melting in superheated material . this combined with iron ingots and corundum creates the Skysteel , the same one used by the Skyforge , where you can craft nordhero weapons only with using draugr weapons ... so supposely draugr weapons are made of fulgurite as are the nordhero weapons ... the difference is that with my mod now those weapons will be accessible also without use of draugr weapons but directly fulgurite ingots .... but workable only at high temperatures of the skyforge .

this compares to the Wootz Real life steel that was the most precious and valued steel of ancient antiquity ... .Romans and chinese bought from India this kind of steel and is the one used for the famous Damasqued swords patterned as well the process is similar to the one of the japanese swors as well ... so ingame terms also linked to the akaviri weapons , the fulgurite will also so allow the possibility to creaft Akavir weaponry .

This is the size differenc ecomparison , I already tested the enlarged worldspace and finally gives more the "feel" travel from place ot place with a consistent terrain ....

Befoure

After

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

No sorry I am releasing only when I will have some completed stuff , it has no sense to release a collection of things unlinked between them no?

I was playing with the idea of adding new animal species to the Issgard and northern lands ....

Of course some will be back like the mommooths , Megaloceros , smilodon etc

but I was also thinking to add new ones ....

One for sure is the Woolly Rhino already in the works ... another is the Musked Ox .and probably the Snow lion

A comparison of sizes

The Rhino could be eventually tamed and ...

Other possible pleistocene animals I woudl like to add but will depend on time and will ...

Panthera Leo Spelea

Coelodonta Antiquitatis (Wip)

Arctodus Simus

Homotherium

Wild Boar

Ottima idea quella di aggiungere nuovi animali, così vai a personalizzare e diversificare ulteriormente l'ambiente. Penso sia il modo migliore per dare una giusta sensazione di distacco tra Issgard e Skyrim.

English version:

Adding new animals is a very good idea, in this way you add more characterization and difference to the ambient. It's the best way to make differences between Issgard and Skyrim.

Edited by Serindas

I am really thrilled to see what the new Expansion will bring , the much waited for spears and they will introduce Stalhrim so I can make my own a Local version of it ...

Right now I am having enormous trouble redoing the whole mod because I have used in past TesVsnip and seems to have corrupted lots of stuff , so I am redoing the landscape and I hope I will be able to save a lot of the already made stuff like interiros , that take to me way longer to do than exteriors ... and of course the quests done ...

Readding new elements tough will be long but easy as there is a very big list of new items and stuff I have introduced but I can reorganize perhaps better ...

The only good new so far is that I didn't give up on the project , I have a new Creature almoust ready ( Wolly rhino ) that will also be a mount and that the new landscape is 2.5 times bigger ....

That said the original Bridge connecting two sides of the bay near Varheimgard , visible at distance in some pictures now is a unique structure remade in 3dsmax and is 3 times longer ...

similarly I am working on some larger clunch of wallsets to use and redoing also the palace base to be like a premade item ....

We will see ... :)

I am really thrilled to see what the new Expansion will bring , the much waited for spears and they will introduce Stalhrim so I can make my own a Local version of it ...

Right now I am having enormous trouble redoing the whole mod because I have used in past TesVsnip and seems to have corrupted lots of stuff , so I am redoing the landscape and I hope I will be able to save a lot of the already made stuff like interiros , that take to me way longer to do than exteriors ... and of course the quests done ...

Readding new elements tough will be long but easy as there is a very big list of new items and stuff I have introduced but I can reorganize perhaps better ...

The only good new so far is that I didn't give up on the project , I have a new Creature almoust ready ( Wolly rhino ) that will also be a mount and that the new landscape is 2.5 times bigger ....

That said the original Bridge connecting two sides of the bay near Varheimgard , visible at distance in some pictures now is a unique structure remade in 3dsmax and is 3 times longer ...

similarly I am working on some larger clunch of wallsets to use and redoing also the palace base to be like a premade item ....

We will see ... :)

:thumbsup:

I am using at the moment the vanilla Grass wich works fine for my environments that are:

Artic Tundra

Alpine Tundra

Marsh Tundra

Deciduous forest

Taiga Forest

Volcanic snowy

Alpine Snowy

Arctic Snowy

Arctic Ice flats

Here a rendered Quick Image of The new Issgard Landscape

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1866/issgardrender1.png