Issgard

PrometheusTS

Looks insanely good. I want to play this right now! Just one suggestion, you might take into consideration. I think you should use another texture for the free space between the houses. There will be the most movement of the villagers, interacting with each other, so it might be more immersive, if there wouldn't be that much lush grass, but a little more dust, mud, because of the many feet stanping over the ground each day.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Architecture Planned :

1 Varheimgard ( capital city ) mostly nordic stave church like buildings made over ancient nord structures with polygonal massive blocks of stone and upper with wood elaborate strucutres

2 Brynnvik ( second sized port city ) Mostly medieval normannic , with elements of Varheim architecture and more manmane like wall sets in medieval style , looks more like a large castle fortress

3 Vindgard ( third sizes city ) a build inside the cliffs of southern Issgard, its mostly an Aeral town made with pillars of rocks , bridges and side cliffs structures reusing Vanilla nord dwellings in creative way mostly .

4 Sker ( fourth sized city ) mostly barbaric city its made of a valley built around a big dome of rock cave wich is also the main palace of the sker bear tribe , it reuses round dwellings of Vanilla dungeons .

5 Vaarg ( the nomad city ) its a more unique culture of the Issgard Island made of a nomadic tribe of nords with different uses living in a shifting village made of tents and pelts that moves around different locations on the ice pack , they use domesticated Rhinos and dog sleds .

6 Falls ( based on the Original concept art by Skyrim ) this will be a village built inside a waterfall step levels , to have an idea you shoudl look this image .
farm8.staticflickr.com/7200/6877508999_483bb81ae5_o.jpg
Wich implies some architecture of primitive settlements like those :
farm8.staticflickr.com/7193/6877552253_beecd26db0_o.jpg
farm8.staticflickr.com/7187/6877551875_47b6993e38_o.jpg
farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/6877553051_6be3af63a4_o.jpg

7 Kaltegard a massive Castle set on the farther northern reach of Issgard , yet to decide the style , its overlooking the momonimous village . mostly abandoned.

8 The Cave ( name to be decided , former Husvalur ) A Huge immense calcareous cave made of giant stalactites and stalagmites, carved by humanhands to block out passages and doors as well as caves to live in , all connected by bone and rope bridges )

9 to be decided

some minor settlements might be added with the rurual architecture featured in the previous post :

Read more: http://prometheusmod.proboards.com/thread/61/new-issgard-architecture#ixzz2YFSh3Oun

Also I am going to make an external topic on some other couple of possible armors I was thinking to make for Issgard as well ...

oh and here always by Gechbal the new Armor for the "nomadic faction of Vaarg" the wolf shifting tribe .

Vaarg Armor

Even better , its a Viking Chief long house . You can somewhat see it as Jorrvaskr but it really IS big. It exists of 3 sections even a throne in the middle room. The Viking chief lived there with his family and I think the most important people too not so sure , since I was there without a tour guide.

This is the only English info I could find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg,_Vestv%C3%A5g%C3%B8y

Oh...those look quite good indeed. I wish I'd had thoroughly modeled castles like these when I was making Stonespire instead of the rather 2 dimensional Solitude facades. Thanks for sharing these WIP shots with us! :happy: