Mator Smash vs xEdit/Wrye

Venlafaxin

Hey there everyone!

So, lately I've been using Mator Smash (download here, quickstart here) for general compatibility, but I'm not sure it's working right.

When I download the tool, the folder for Fallout 4 is empty, so I copied the settings from SkyrimSE over to the F4 folder. This is probably not ideal, but it's the best way I've found to make it work.

Do any of you have any experience with this tool, or is everyone still using xEdit Merged Patches together with a Bashed Patch, for Fallout 4?

• 2 weeks later...

I played around with it myself a bit. You can create a smash config yourself by having the tool create all the record categories from the ESMs/ESPs which is probably better as SSE settings are eventually not compatible with / the record categories different from Fallout4.

However I did not succed in creating anything like a bashed patch. All I got (which is already nice) is a smashed patch that combines settings from different esps which then can be disabled. So for now, all I achieved is to reduce the amount of esps with mator smash. If only there was a good guide on how to modify the smash configs to get it working...