New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you at least add back the simple convenience of being able to sort top files by adult and non-adult? Why was that feature removed?

It wasn't. You can go to the same place on nexus as you did before and sort top files by Adult or Non-adult.

Can you at least add back the simple convenience of being able to sort top files by adult and non-adult? Why was that feature removed?

It wasn't. You can go to the same place on nexus as you did before and sort top files by Adult or Non-adult.

How???

How???

The same way you did on the old layout - go to Top Files and then select the desired options.

Did you read the OP? You're still new here, so don't worry about it--everyone gets one.

Their account is from 2015.

Hmmm...seems odd that they would wait three years to make their initial post...

giphy.gif

not really, i dont come to nexus to play on the forums, i come to download mods, and now the who thing is a giant eyesore, the tiles are too big for mods, the sorting feature is a a step backwards(the old way was much more preferred for me), At least the old way there was a categories page i can just go to that page, this its more menus and scrolling for really no good reason other then to change it..Ads seem bigger and more annoying

Edited by DesolationGod

Did you read the OP? You're still new here, so don't worry about it--everyone gets one.

giphy.gif

not really, i dont come to nexus to play on the forums, i come to download mods...the tiles are too big for mods [i totally agree], the sorting feature is a a step backwards(the old way was much more preferred for me)[i also agree to a point with this--there does seem to be extra steps needed to be taken, though granted, it's only one or two clicks], At least the old way there was a categories page i can just go to that page, this its more menus and scrolling for really no good reason other then to change it..Ads seem bigger and more annoying

I'm sorta the same way. I don't spend a lot of time on the new site, but I do upload screenshots, read the occasional article and hang out in the forums. The big tiles feedback is a good point, and made by others as well, so once Vortex is released, I expect that to change around a bit.

I hate new design!

Not feedback. Not constructive. Find one thing you like, and one thing you can point to that you don't like, and how you would change it. Don't squander your one chance to make it right by saying, "Uh, I'd just leave the old site up." Looking for actual feedback, here. Not going to report it in the hopes that you change it a bit so everyone can benefit because everybody gets one.

Right, Spiderman?

tenor.gif?itemid=4513402

giphy.gif

not really, i dont come to nexus to play on the forums, i come to download mods...the tiles are too big for mods [i totally agree], the sorting feature is a a step backwards(the old way was much more preferred for me)[i also agree to a point with this--there does seem to be extra steps needed to be taken, though granted, it's only one or two clicks], At least the old way there was a categories page i can just go to that page, this its more menus and scrolling for really no good reason other then to change it..Ads seem bigger and more annoying

I'm sorta the same way. I don't spend a lot of time on the new site, but I do upload screenshots, read the occasional article and hang out in the forums. The big tiles feedback is a good point, and made by others as well, so once Vortex is released, I expect that to change around a bit.

I hate new design!

Not feedback. Not constructive. Find one thing you like, and one thing you can point to that you don't like, and how you would change it. Don't squander your one chance to make it right by saying, "Uh, I'd just leave the old site up." Looking for actual feedback, here. Not going to report it in the hopes that you change it a bit so everyone can benefit because everybody gets one.

Right, Spiderman?

tenor.gif?itemid=4513402

Got the forum police here and a layout apologist having to patrol every post.

Edited by bobisthegood

As with many others since the new change I have also stopped visiting this site.

Check the stats in the past month and see how people not on the forums are reacting. [...]

its only been downhill since the recent changes, aside from last week when the old theme was restored.

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nexusmods.com

Edited by Taylei

giphy.gif

I hate new design!

Right, Spiderman?

tenor.gif?itemid=4513402

Bahahaha! That cracks me up! lol I'll proudly wear the badge of forum police because imho, it's better if I, a non-moderator, point out to you the fact that your posts are violations of the ToS and not at all what is being asked for in a given thread, than if the moderator does so officially which results in formal warnings and other nastiness. I'd prefer to keep that from happening, so take it as a friendly poke to point out the obvious.

As for a layout apologist, feel free to use the search bar up top to look up my name in this thread, and you'll see that I do, in fact, agree a lot of the times with the feedback calling for changing this or that, but here's the thing:

It's feedback, not ranting.

So, if you can come up with something resembling feedback, Bob, I'd love to read it and be given the opportunity to agree with you. However, pointing out the fact that I am trying to keep the moderators from stepping in and popping people off like gangbusters, is probably not going to net good feedback in return. If you really feel that my post is in bad form, feel free to use the Report button--I won't mind. It's not personal, I know, Bob. We all want the same thing:

The best damned Nexus in town.

:)

tw

giphy.gif

I hate new design!

Right, Spiderman?

tenor.gif?itemid=4513402

Bahahaha! That cracks me up! lol I'll proudly wear the badge of forum police because imho, it's better if I, a non-moderator, point out to you the fact that your posts are violations of the ToS and not at all what is being asked for in a given thread, than if the moderator does so officially which results in formal warnings and other nastiness. I'd prefer to keep that from happening, so take it as a friendly poke to point out the obvious.

As for a layout apologist, feel free to use the search bar up top to look up my name in this thread, and you'll see that I do, in fact, agree a lot of the times with the feedback calling for changing this or that, but here's the thing:

It's feedback, not ranting.

So, if you can come up with something resembling feedback, Bob, I'd love to read it and be given the opportunity to agree with you. However, pointing out the fact that I am trying to keep the moderators from stepping in and popping people off like gangbusters, is probably not going to net good feedback in return. If you really feel that my post is in bad form, feel free to use the Report button--I won't mind. It's not personal, I know, Bob. We all want the same thing:

The best damned Nexus in town.

:smile:

tw

Nah, rather troll assclown