Console command to treat as assigned?

stebbinsd

Many settlement objects require a settler be assigned to them before they can do anything.

I'm currently using a mod called "Immersive Fast Travel," which allows me to put teleporters in my settlements so I can instantly warp between them. Unlike fast-travel, this is instantaneous warping, even in-universe, so it's totally immersive.

I can place a teleporter in Home Plate. I can teleport directly TO Home Plate, but to enter Home Plate's teleporter and warp from there, I have to have a settler assigned to it.

However, I can't assign a settler to work it, due to the simple fact that I cannot assign settlers to Home Plate, period!

Even if I could download a mod that lets me do that, I wouldn't want to. There's just not enough space in Home Plate for me to build an entire settlement within Diamond City. The interior cell was never intended as such. even if I sent just one settler to Home Plate, he would also need food, water, and a bed, so I'd have to assign a second settler just to work some crops, and then I'd need a THIRD bed in addition to the mine and that of the teleporter operator! AWWWWWWWWWWW! It's too much of a headache!

Is there a console command I can use on the teleporter so the game will treat it as having a settler assigned to it, even though it isn't?

For example, in a regular settlement, I can click on a bed that doesn't have a roof over it and enter the command "setav 334 1" so the game will treat it as having a roof over it.

For starters, you wouldn't need to have crops with an assigned settler as long as there's either enough food in the Workshop or the Workshop is part of the cloud thanks to a supply line. The latter is a tad difficult and has the hazard of a packed Brahmin getting stuck inside Home Plate.

There's a code to unlock the HP Workshop and make it into a fullly functional one, but there's consequences making HP into a fully operational one because of scripts not being established for that purpose, unlike the Mechanist's Lair and Boston Airport which have the necessary scripts in place already for settlements and there's no negatives attached to unlocking those Workshops.

If you want to test (at your own risk) here's what to do to unlock Home Plate: go stand in front of the Workshop and open the console. In the console, click the Workshop so that its reference i.d. shows, then type addkeyword 5a0c8 and hit enter. Close the console and the Workshop should be fully functional.

To unlock both the workshop at Boston Airport and Mechanist's Lair, do exactly the same as above but instead type addkeyword 00246f85...

I haven't got any knowledge of any existing console commands you ask for.

For starters, you wouldn't need to have crops with an assigned settler as long as there's either enough food in the Workshop or the Workshop is part of the cloud thanks to a supply line. The latter is a tad difficult and has the hazard of a packed Brahmin getting stuck inside Home Plate.

There's a code to unlock the HP Workshop and make it into a fullly functional one, but there's consequences making HP into a fully operational one because of scripts not being established for that purpose, unlike the Mechanist's Lair and Boston Airport which have the necessary scripts in place already for settlements and there's no negatives attached to unlocking those Workshops.

If you want to test (at your own risk) here's what to do to unlock Home Plate: go stand in front of the Workshop and open the console. In the console, click the Workshop so that its reference i.d. shows, then type addkeyword 5a0c8 and hit enter. Close the console and the Workshop should be fully functional.

To unlock both the workshop at Boston Airport and Mechanist's Lair, do exactly the same as above but instead type addkeyword 00246f85...

Ok, for god's sake, how goes your suggestion even REMOTELY help me right now?! I already said that I don't want to bring any settlers to Home Plate! What part of that do you not understand?

Ok, for god's sake, how goes your suggestion even REMOTELY help me right now?! I already said that I don't want to bring any settlers to Home Plate! What part of that do you not understand?

Well, being a bit of a dick won't help you either. Bye now.