Is the fight for net neutrality that important

Winter40

The answer to the question above to me is a resounding yes. Why do you ask is this fight important? Well i believe that answer is a simple one you see this isn't really about the internet, its not about data packets that transfer across the servers of these companies, its not about your favorite music site, your favorite game sites , streaming service, blog , U-tube channel or Facebook page it is about your freedom to choose.

That's right it about your constitutional right to make a choice to download that music to visit your favorite gaming site , watch that streaming video or post for or against something in your blog. That choice will be taken away from you mark my words it may not happen today or tomorrow or even 10 years from now but it will happen. That is why this fight is so important.

Some of you might be rolling your eyes to the above saying to yourself great another liberal activist crying that the sky is falling like chicken little and you could not be further from the truth. I am that guy that doesn't like to get involved, avoids and hates conflict doesn't tell others what to do and waits quietly in line for his turn but there are times when i feel the need to stand up an assert myself even make my voice heard and in-courage others to do the same even if it seems like a lost cause.

There is another reason this topic is important the fact of the matter is letting these corporate entities police themselves doesn't work. Corporations will always care about how fat their bottom line is that will always be the case and there is nothing wrong with that but there are times when they over step.That is exactly what the FCC will allow these ISP's to do greatly overstep and it is our responsibility to stand up and ask "where do you think you are going"?

I would have had no problem if the FCC would have on Dec 14 abolished Net Neutrality for the shake of a better solution that would have be beneficial to all something that showed they had everyone's best interest at heart, but that is not what happened they abolish these rules and replaced them with one that puts me at the mercy of my ISP. Then to add insult to injury they attempted to make sure that no one could stop this out of control train. They don't want anyone even the states to derail it.

These are the reasons that i feel this fight is so important the internet will go on. People will continue to live their lives and do what is needed to survive it is what we do but i for one am tired of being told what to do by some rich guy in a suit . I enjoy the freedom that the internet provides me with an I will not stand quietly in line i will stand up get in your face and let you know that this is not acceptable and I will continue to do so until you present me with a solution to the problem that befits all.

IMO this question doesn't even belong in the Debates forum. Can someone explain who, aside from Comcast, Disney, Sony and their paid representative in our Senate, Orrin Hatch, decided that our constitutional rights for internet traffic should be stripped?

Anybody care to answer that?

Since when has abject treason against our Constitution by our own incompetent fake president and FCC been a debatable issue in our country?

Edited by TheMastersSon

IMO this question doesn't even belong in the Debates forum. Can someone explain who, aside from Comcast, Disney, Sony and their paid representative in our Senate, Orrin Hatch, decided that our constitutional rights for internet traffic should be stripped?

Since when has abject treason against our Constitution by our own incompetent fake president and FCC been a debatable issue in our country?

Exactly what amendment of the Constitution is that?

Who said anything about amendments? You did.

The specific treason is against their sworn oaths to defend and protect our Constitution, including all of our Bill of Rights. From our borders and airports to our Google searches and now even our CDC studies (as of yesterday, the agency is no longer allowed to use the word fetus in any of their study reports) our current federal government has already failed in its most basic and essential duties. Would you like to know the percentage of "national security" legislation passed since 911 that was specifically intended to protect the American people, and what percentage was specifically intended to protect the same government who passed it?

Up until last Wednesday we had free speech, privacy and other constitutional rights for internet traffic, and now we do not. Directly against the will of 93% of the American people, the very people who're paying for this treason. If this doesn't qualify as pure and abject treason to their sworn oaths, not to mention fascism, please explain what might ever qualify in your opinion.

Beyond any other fear my greatest is that no moral expectations whatsoever remain in my country for our own elected (and/or appointed in this case) representatives.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Exactly what amendment of the Constitution is that?

There isn't but maybe their should be.

Lets talk a hypothetically lets say that there is a law to be passed that effects you. You heard about in on the news from what they have said you don't think it will effect you personally but you decide to do some more research. You get on the internet only to find your ISP has throttle you back on sites outside their "pipeline" or worse block you, They present you with a message full of rhetorical nonsense about why they did what they did because under the current laws that is all they are required to do but the truth is that the reason they did it is because people have paid them a great deal of money to keep these facts from you.

You will still be able to find the information you want to but it would take more time, time you simply do not have. You decide to report it but find out that it would be a long and complicated process that will take months to resolve and even then it may not get resolved simply because the ISP did nothing wrong by the law. So you are forced to accept what you are being told is everything you need to make an informed decision.

Is that the kind of choice you want to face . I sure don't.

"constitutional rights for internet traffic" You don't have a constitutional right to internet traffic. The world did not end on Wednesday, nor did the internet shut down. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I don't think ISP's want to take on the burden of tracking every bit of traffic that goes thru their servers and compare it to a white/black list. Just not fesible.

"constitutional rights for internet traffic" You don't have a constitutional right to internet traffic. The world did not end on Wednesday, nor did the internet shut down. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I don't think ISP's want to take on the burden of tracking every bit of traffic that goes thru their servers and compare it to a white/black list. Just not fesible.

They don't huh this 2007 article show other wise Verizon blocked text sent to consumer simply because they thought it was controversial don't believe me read the article yourself http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/us/27verizon.html. I agree with you on one thing we will have to wait and see but doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinions on it.

You don't have a constitutional right to internet traffic.

Who claimed I did? The inherent constitutional rights are to free speech, privacy etc on our formerly common carrier internet, which has now been artificially and outrageously relegated back to an "information service", whatever that might be, because the term is defined nowhere in our laws. Spin this any way you wish, and right now there is no shortage of outrageous disingenuity from the traitors at our FCC, their action is a pure sellout to private industry of both our internet (which we've ALREADY PAID FOR, by the way) and our constitutional rights on it. It's an inevitable step in the evolution process for protection of internet traffic in our country. Our landline telephone network went through this exact same process (monopoly abuse/subjugation of constitutional rights to private industry/resulting public outrage/government protection because no other option exists) last century, as has pretty much every new communications technology that has come down the pike in the last 240 years. Protect the traffic or it will be lost to the corporate profit motive. No third option exists, and what really irks me is that the people who made this decision knew and still know this better than I or anyone who reads this discussion. So what remains as the only plausible and logical explanation for what they did is simply an attempt by private industry, specifically last century's obsolete and almost entirely sold-off entertainment and cable TV establishments, and their paid traitor whores in our federal government (including Trump) to destroy both the internet and public expectations of protected constitutional rights for internet traffic. It is truly and utterly the purest example of abject imposed fascism in our entire 240-year history and it will not stand because it cannot stand. With this decision on Thursday our currently illegitimate FCC and the fake president who put them there formally and publicly declared their status as fascist traitor enemies of the American people and our Constitution. My worst fear is that this final collapse has extended to Congress, and that they intentionally fail to act in the face of 93% popular support for net neutrality. To say the current situation is ugly would be the understatement of the century.

Edited by TheMastersSon