ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Getting CTD's with 1.5 update

Asangard1

I did not change my mod list before update and it was running very smoothly. As soon as 1.5 patched I had same issue as first poster. Zoning into towns or buildings would randomly crash me out. I say randomly because it did not always happen. I lowered the number of crashes by using a 4gig manual fix. Still happens but hardly at all. I do not believe it to be the mods because I kept my mods the same as they were before 1.5 and no issues whatsoever. I am glad I am not alone in this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not change my mod list before update and it was running very smoothly. As soon as 1.5 patched I had same issue as first poster. Zoning into towns or buildings would randomly crash me out. I say randomly because it did not always happen. I lowered the number of crashes by using a 4gig manual fix. Still happens but hardly at all. I do not believe it to be the mods because I kept my mods the same as they were before 1.5 and no issues whatsoever. I am glad I am not alone in this.

Just because the game was running fine before the patch and not after does not mean it's not your mods. Yes the patch is ultimately the "problem", but not because it messed something up. Some mods have to be updated when the game is updated. If you have a mod that affects kill moves, you are probably going to have problems since that is something changed by the patch. The same with any number of things affected by both the patch and your mods. Just because they worked with the previous version doesn't mean they will work with 1.5.

I don't have the patch yet (offline mode, haha) so it could just be the patch, I'm not saying it's definitely not. But it could also be one of your mods conflicting with the changes made in the patch, you can't rule that out yet.

on the killmove + mod i have it and with 1.5 no issues here my game runs great

my mod list

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

JSwords.esm

retreat.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

Extended Colors.esm

Magnus50.esp

Shadow Striping Fix.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

BanditsEyepatch.esp

Cart in Each Big Town.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

ImprovedSkillBooks.esp

Perfect Legionnaire 3.0.esp

Skyrim Expanded Loot Tables.esp

two_handed_rebalance.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

AdditionalAmulets.esp

ANB - WearableTsun.esp

Andragorn's Armoury.esp

Angelic_Demonic.esp

BlackSacramentArmor.esp

Blades_of_Chaos.esp

CraftableTemplar.esp

CrainteVomir.esp

daedric_phelm.esp

DCSorceress.esp

DPArmor.esp

dragonbonedaggers.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsPack02.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsPack01_v01.00.esp

Divine Aegis.esp

Divine Aegis Sword.esp

DQ3SageOutfit.esp

DwemerAutoBlade.esp

EinherjarArmor.esp

EtherealEdge.esp

FS_AngelsInSkyrim.esp

FS_EveningStar.esp

FS_SwordOfTheSeeker.esp

Gizmodian Silver Swords.esp

Gizmodian-Witchbane.esp

GondorianArmour.esp

gun.esp

HentaiGaleArmor.esp

HentaiVoidArmor.esp

IsilGlamdring.esp

Jojjos Warglaives.esp

KarliahArmor2.esp

LFArmors.esp

Lich King's Armor.esp

Masters of Death - Sicarius Armor (Standalone).esp

Mjolnir.esp

NemonicDragonSlayer.esp

Nicos Gift.esp

Northborn Fur Hoods.esp

Omegared99-Compilation.esp

Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp

Omegared99-LvLList-CompOnly.esp

OrcishMaskedHelmet.esp

R18Pn - Argent Iron Armor.esp

R18Pn - Fiona Armor.esp

R18Pn - Eisen Platte Armor.esp

R18Pn - Leere Armor.esp

Saskia.esp

ScoutArmor.esp

Silverlight Armor.esp

TH3WICK3D1-LethoArmor.esp

TH3WICK3D1-BlueStripesEliteArmor.esp

TrissArmorRetextured.esp

Vidala'sDress.esp

warmagearmor.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp

Weapons and Armor fixes.esp

Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp

Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp

Hunter.esp

Essential horses - all horses.esp

FasterArrows.esp

FasterArrows100.esp

Lawrens RNG Guards.esp

No Perk Prereqs - No Helmets Required.esp

RevampedExteriorFog.esp

TCG.esp

Live Another Life.esp

Ancient Spells.esp

BetterMagic_FULL.esp

LFox No Racial Power Cooldown.esp

Killmove +.esp

Deadly Torches - Everlasting with High Damage.esp

Extended Colors - Selection.esp

Expanded Eye Color Selection.esp

Skyrim 8 DeadBody Remover.esp

Skyrim 1 Day Respawn.esp

Greate Templar Sword.esp

ConanSwords.esp

YesThorSwords.esp

MTemplarShields.esp

Ivory.esp

GM-ForgeAdditions.esp

StandingStones.esp

Deadly Torches - Torch Mastery.esp

UNPArmoredBikini.esp

tom349fistweapons.esp

BlutKult_Zwergenaexte.esp

BlutKult_Dwarven_Axes.esp

Nature Summoning.esp

One Handed Bonus Damage Perks NoPre.esp

Two Handed Bonus Damage Perks NoPre.esp

RobertWarhammer.esp

JoOMassLightning.esp

Thor.esp

HentaiSaberDress.esp

IthilienCloak.esp

300Sword.esp

Sword02.esp

Sword01.esp

Angelslayer.esp

Assasin Creed Mod.esp

Lightning Blaze Edge.esp

Veraxanima.esp

Aurora Blade.esp

Nightingale_arrowsmithing.esp

RazorPlateArmorMask.esp

StaffofJealousy.esp

Fizban007MusouSkyrim.esp

Iorveth.esp

Newermind Bow Collection.esp

HeartOfThunder 1_3.esp

nightshade_armor.esp

Arachnid Dungeon.esp

Nokkelen.esp

dark brotherhood armour - darker.esp

aassassinscraftables.esp

dbarrows.esp

dbbownogloss.esp

dbdagger.esp

dbsword.esp

listernersarmorset.esp

LSB_BattleHammers.esp

KURESE Gloria conversion.esp

Sabrecat_Gear.esp

Sentinel Falls.esp

compositetuskbow.esp

Yngol.esp

SabrecatGear_AncientArmorVs.esp

OverlordAxe.esp

ArcaneArchery.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Pinewoods Cottage.esp

HBetterBows.esp

DCR_Shadow_Buckler.esp

WheezesDungeonPack1.esp

DEATH-DEALER.esp

awnuldthebold.esp

ACAxe.esp

bobsarmory.esp

SkyMoMod_lists.esp

SkyMoMod.esm

Edited by Aarkon

so far, I have got CTD fast traveling to Whiterun Stables, dawnstar, Solitude and riverwood.

I never had any crashes before this update, I tested this with a new character and 2 other older ones.

I am going to see if reinstalling mods helps any (luckily I have under 30 mods) I will post if it fixes it :biggrin:

So people with close to or over 100 mods wont have to do it if it doesn't work.

EDIT:

uninstall, delete and reinstall made no difference, I even made another new char and same thing :wallbash:

Edited by MiloHunts

I agree with you that my former mods may not be compatible with patch. I would think the same thing but my mods don't seem to be related with what was patched. For instance none of my mods deal with kill moves or such like that or anything I read in patch notes. It still may be so I am making sure they are all uptodate. As I stated I did the skyrim.ini 4gig fix thingy and for whatever reason that seems to have greatly improved the game. I now only very rarely crash and since I have plenty of opportunity to save even if I do CTD getting back in is fairly quick and simple. I wish I had kept mine offline as I was fine with game before patch and the cinematic kill moves I am sure will be enjoyed by others but for me wasnt a necessary add on. In either case I love the game and will conquer this too.

I am crashing also, entering or exiting zones, every 5th or 6th zone change. I am not using Dovakhin mod but am using some others in your list. :wallbash: time to update them all.

Wait, did the official 1.5 patch release today the 21st? I'm still running the 1.5 beta, and it has been flawless. have any of you played the beta 1.5, then updated to 1.5 and started having these problems? I ask because I'll probably want to leave my Skyrim alone.

Yes 1.5 went live on Steam today 3/21. I didn't use the 1.5 beta so I can't answer that for ya. Steam updated me automactically to 1.5 even though I had it set to not update automactically. Also I forgot to backup my 1.4.27 Tesv.exe file. I have mods that use SKSE and Script Dragon so normally I keep using the old version until both SKSE and Script Dragon are updated to the new version. SKSE updates really quick and actually have had versions for the last 2 beta releases on Steam. It takes Script Dragon usually about a week to udate to the new version.

I think I have found the culprit. For me it's the Dovahkiin Hideout. It is connected to every player home and other areas so entering anyone of those and you run the risk of a crash. With the Hideout disabled I haven't had a crash since. I was going to post a comment in the comments section of Dovahkiin's Hideout download page, but it is locked at this time. Dark0ne locked it because the author, Shawkab, will be gone for a week or so. So not sure when this will get fixed.

If you use the hideout to store your goodies I would highly recommend that you remove everything 1st before disabling the mod.

Same for me. I spent half a day going through my mods one at a time and the only issue I had was entering or leaving a cell with a Hideout entrance.

I had the Auto-Update turned off. Well, at least, it led me to believe that it was off. So Steam updated to 1.5 anyway. Looks like we not only got new kill moves, but new CTDs as well. I've never gotten them before 1.5.

I'm going to try some of the mods I see listed.