1.5.24 post your bug and help.

Deathowl94

When i start a new charchter , it keeps moving to the guard what shouts your name, and still keeps moving, even it should stand still, keeps doing it, untill you get the headsman, then it starts to move again, even if it should stay put, and then the game just stops to "respond" lol. it runs and all but no dragon and no dialogs so i can go forward with the quests etc, old saves works as a charm tho. i did deactivate all mods, and its not a mod problem, but an actual update bug.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge shadow issues when playing in 3D mode. Shadows are rendered floating in air and block the view of weapons. These shadows distort almost every object in the game. It makes the game unplayable in 3D and it sounds from the other posts like 2D is not much better. Anyone know how I can back up to 1.4 or does Steam make this impossible?

After this latest patch, I seem to get a CTD about 85% (approximate) of the time when I enter Breezehome. CTDs are also common when entering Dovakhiin Hideout from anywhere else, though not as common. Also, some Thieves Guild quest markers seem to be off (Haelga's Bunkhouse in Riften), but I don't know if this was an issue before or not (Numbers Job quest, marker and book not lining up at all).

Since patch 1.5 I've had an increase in lag, also when I go into a river or lake and I go under water I can't see a damn thing!!!!! just a green texture that blankets my whole screen! The shadows are messed up as well I get this one big shadow that is constantly over me, outside, indoors and even @ night.... And finally when I enter combat my character and or followers fall on their backs and make a grunting noise and when I am eventually about to defeat an enemy they some how become invincible and their health bar disappears. WTF!!???? :dry:

After I had installed 1.5. I started to get weird shadows, when I walk near buildings or near trees I start to get shadows. This has never happened to me before, and when I turn to look at something, I get dark shadows, and when I walk underneath something it gets worse ( dark and light shadows) all over the place Can someone please help. I cannot play like this, I have to wait until it's fixed, plzzzzzzzz

Having an odd Bow and Quiver bug.

Stays on the ground the entire time when being held and put back. No idea why.

It's happening for NPCs, Followers, and my character.

Not sure if it's only for females or not, haven't checked males.

Might be due to a mod as well, but it's only happened since I've updated, will also post in the mod troubleshooting thread.

Edited by ThePerformer

Biggest issues for me (no solution yet):

1) Introduced a micro-stutter similar to Fallout 3, where the game will "hiccup" a few frames on a continuous basis. Very annoying. Turning v-sync off will probably fix this, as it did in Fallout, but I really don't want to do that (I'm fairly sensitive to screen-tearing).

2) Two of my custom Logitech Mouse button assignments (8 & 9) will no longer function in Skyrim but continue functioning everywhere else and in all other games, so appears to be a Skyrim specific issue. Unfortunately these two button performed critical functions and the lack of them will force me to remap my entire control structure (which was extremely hard to get right in Skyrim in the first place - took endless hours of twiddling to work around the fact that Bethesda quite clearly just wants us to use a controller.)

3) A small but noticeable reduction in performance. Just a few fps in critical areas, but enough to really make a difference in this "Bethesda-Bound" game. (I think we should start an internet-meme on this one. Instead of CPU-bound, let's call this game what it really is "Bethesda-Bound" - I have plenty of CPU power, but because Skyrim only uses 2 cores I have poor performance. Nothing wrong with my system, everything wrong with the game...)

I have the same problems like others above, CTD, strange grass shading, blackness or whiteness, depend on ENB profiles.

Any graphical errors are caused by old configs ENB shaders. To enjoy a normal game, throw all the files belong to ENB (from main game folder), and "Skyrim.ini", "SkyrimPrefs.ini" and "RenderInfo.txt" (from the My Games folder in documents) and then run the game from Steam that the game generate a new settings file. That's all.

Now, we unfortunately need to wait until ENB guys optimize configs to the latest version 1.5.25 TESV.exe

Edited by zabierator

Game worked perfectly fine for me when it updated to 1.5.14.0. Waited for SKSE and Script Dragon to update and then played the game same as before. However, once I closed my game yesterday steam downloaded something very quickly for skyrim and since, my game CTDs every time I launch the game.

When i start a new charchter , it keeps moving to the guard what shouts your name, and still keeps moving, even it should stand still, keeps doing it, untill you get the headsman, then it starts to move again, even if it should stay put, and then the game just stops to "respond" lol. it runs and all but no dragon and no dialogs so i can go forward with the quests etc, old saves works as a charm tho. i did deactivate all mods, and its not a mod problem, but an actual update bug.

I have the exact same issue. I end up at the chopping block (first one there, before this patch someone else lost their head first) and everyone looking at the guy that said "let's just get this over with" "Alright then" and nothing. All the npc's just stand around. I let it run for an hour and night time approaching, shadows lengthening and nothing. I started deactivating my mods. Sounds like that is not the answer. And I also can go with an old save, no problems. Any suggestions? Anyone?