1.5.24 post your bug and help.

Deathowl94

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good idea to have a complete Backup of your Steam folder and store it in a safe place before applying a Skyrim update. I still have a backup from march 17 and I think it is better to lose some hours of game progress than getting my teeth broken by biting the edge of my wooden table...

Using nVidia's 3D vision, shadows are now rendered at the wrong depth or something. At any rate teh shadows look wierd in 3D, such that my eyes hurt when trying to view the screen. Skyrim was unplayable with 1.5 in 3D. I had to roll back to 1.4.

For those asking about rollback, if you have Windows 7, you can right click on TESV.exe, and select "restore previous version". This worked for me. I also disabled automatic updates for this game in Steam so that it would not apply the patch again. After I did that, I made a backup copy of the 1.4 .exe so that, if this happened again, I could fix it.

For those asking about rollback, if you have Windows 7, you can right click on TESV.exe, and select "restore previous version". This worked for me. I also disabled automatic updates for this game in Steam so that it would not apply the patch again. After I did that, I made a backup copy of the 1.4 .exe so that, if this happened again, I could fix it.

Note that the automatic update will reset to on when the client is updated, steam restarted, pc reboot, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Someone made a app that will prevent this from happening though. You should also backup the entire steam folder because some of the updates changes models Some people reported they didn't like the change in grass for example. So having the models to revert back would be helpful.

Edited by Baron Of Hell

I rolled my .exe back to 1.4.27 and everything is all well. I'd rather play an "ok" fixed game, rather than getting crappy new animations and optimizations filled with bugs..

HOW DID YOU DO THAT!? :blink:

I rolled my .exe back to 1.4.27 and everything is all well. I'd rather play an "ok" fixed game, rather than getting crappy new animations and optimizations filled with bugs..

How did you manage to do that????????? o_O

I did what mdmasters said above^. Then I disabled Steam automatic updates. On Steam go to Library > Browse your games, Right Click on Elder Scrolls Skyrim > Properties > Updates tab "Do not automatically update this game" Then click close.

And just to be safe, I also went on Steam settings and unchecked "Run Steam when my computer starts". On top left drop down menu again, I choose "Go offline" mode. So now everytime I start Skyrim, Steam doesn't bother me. I'm not gonna be a slave to their bonky patch updates again >.<

I'm not that happy with the newest update either. The only bothersome Problem now are the CTD's almost every time I walk into a Custom made Home, or even the cell / area containing it.I also got a random CTD during a quest yesterday, which annoys me since i've got such a stable gameplay with 1.4 . Also, most of the new Animations aren't that great in my opinion.We all need a big Patch for this Patch.

Note that the automatic update will reset to on when the client is updated, steam restarted, pc reboot, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Someone made a app that will prevent this from happening though. You should also backup the entire steam folder because some of the updates changes models Some people reported they didn't like the change in grass for example. So having the models to revert back would be helpful.

Thanx, i did disable the update, i didnt have any previous patches stored -_-. my bad luck, lol

I'm not that happy with the newest update either. The only bothersome Problem now are the CTD's almost every time I walk into a Custom made Home, or even the cell / area containing it.I also got a random CTD during a quest yesterday, which annoys me since i've got such a stable gameplay with 1.4 . Also, most of the new Animations aren't that great in my opinion.We all need a big Patch for this Patch.

indeed we need, i wonder how long that will take,

and do any one know if we have bethesda browsing this community at all? ..........

Sadly I didn't have a saved previous version of the game as 1.4, but I did have a back up of the pre-patchs TESV.exe. But even when i replaced 1.5 with that one, I have the same problem.......WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash: