1.5.24 post your bug and help.

Deathowl94

I had several bugs with 1.5, most notably bizarre shadow striping (rectangular bands of shadows would appear whenever I was outside, and follow me around if I moved or turned), and the inability to see underwater at all. I have, however, remedied the issue by rolling back to the previous version. To people with Windows 7: for some reason, Windows doesn't save nearly as many versions of prior versions of the individual files as it does images of the folder. Right-click anywhere blank in the folder, go to properties -> previous versions, and find TESV.exe in there, then replace the new one with that. You'll possibly have more choices if you look through previous versions of the whole folder rather than just that file specifically (for example, I only had one previous version if I right-clicked on TESV.exe specifically, from way back in early February, but there were 8 previous versions of the folder, including one from two weeks ago that I used).

Hopefully that helps.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pixelation or something throughout the whole world. I can see through mountains and rocks and see rivers spanning forever. I can see the wire mesh in objects as if I were in that view in the Creation Kit. I have re-installed twice now, deleting absolutely everything including save games, mods, and data files on my hard drive, and still this problems persists. I have been trying to get this stupid game to work for almost two weeks now, and there hasn't been any solution to this at all.

I had several bugs with 1.5, most notably bizarre shadow striping (rectangular bands of shadows would appear whenever I was outside, and follow me around if I moved or turned), and the inability to see underwater at all. I have, however, remedied the issue by rolling back to the previous version. To people with Windows 7: for some reason, Windows doesn't save nearly as many versions of prior versions of the individual files as it does images of the folder. Right-click anywhere blank in the folder, go to properties -> previous versions, and find TESV.exe in there, then replace the new one with that. You'll possibly have more choices if you look through previous versions of the whole folder rather than just that file specifically (for example, I only had one previous version if I right-clicked on TESV.exe specifically, from way back in early February, but there were 8 previous versions of the folder, including one from two weeks ago that I used).

Hopefully that helps.

in skyrimprefs change this fShadowBiasScale= to fShadowBiasScale=1.0000 anything lower will cause the striping across the ground and rocks .

SEAN516 the console command in game to turn on wire mesh on/off is twf (Toggles wireframe( maybe this will or wont help ?

Edited by compatible

Indeed, I've been having these issues as well. I've been at odds to find the issue, going into my game and trying to find the cause of the problem until I was literally in vanilla mode and still noticed the same problems. Which are :

- The game causes micro lag. After playing a few minutes, every few seconds the game will suddenly start tearing when I turn or when too much action happens. Much like it did back in either 1.1 or 1.2 patch.

- The water is really weird. Annoying sound clips. Staring at the water, you notice a kind of "warp" animation a la matrix. At first I though it was my water mods but after disabling everything it was still there. Oh and if you go in it, the screen goes green and you can't see anything and I feel like I'm clipping in and out of the water. Sometimes, my guy seems to be walking in the water when at the bottom?

- Random water splash/running water sound.... and I'm no where near water. It lasts for a few seconds and it repeats every 20 seconds or so.

- Shadows are borked. Everywhere. You look at the mountains and the shadows flicker as you move in the camera.

- Speaking of the camera, has anyone been getting weird as hell animation clips when opening doors or if a wall is at your back in 3rd person view? Your guy.... just moves, randomly a few steps away. My record was just clicking the door and the camera clipping and suddenly my guy is 10 feet on the other side of the room.

I haven't played the last few weeks (Mass Effect) and just got back, I thought it was a mod but at this point after reading this... looks like we're back at 1.1 or 1.2 problem territory.

I REALLY need to disable auto-update on Steam for this game,

Edited by Chabaz

Anyone else getting entirely missing models? I will walk into towns to see guards floating on invisible walkways, I walk into dungeons to find that there are no floor or walls, farmhouses randomly disappear only to leave a floating door, the Kahjiit merchants outside of towns sit and stand around absent fires and live in invisible tents.

Have similar issues: graphics not loading when i inter new area. if i reload a save everything is fine.

I rolled my .exe back to 1.4.27 and everything is all well. I'd rather play an "ok" fixed game, rather than getting crappy new animations and optimizations filled with bugs..

HOW DID YOU DO THAT!? :blink:

I rolled my .exe back to 1.4.27 and everything is all well. I'd rather play an "ok" fixed game, rather than getting crappy new animations and optimizations filled with bugs..

How did you manage to do that????????? o_O

I did what mdmasters said above^. Then I disabled Steam automatic updates. On Steam go to Library > Browse your games, Right Click on Elder Scrolls Skyrim > Properties > Updates tab "Do not automatically update this game" Then click close.

And just to be safe, I also went on Steam settings and unchecked "Run Steam when my computer starts". On top left drop down menu again, I choose "Go offline" mode. So now everytime I start Skyrim, Steam doesn't bother me. I'm not gonna be a slave to their bonky patch updates again >.<

im gonna weap.....i diabled all my mods...did a clean install, reinstalled mods, not all but a few....i start a new game....i crash CTD everytime consistantly either after jarl tells me to go kill first dragon and walk out of dragonsreach yo whiterun CTD....or after ive killed the dragon i look at map and dragonsreach is no longer on map i try to walk back into whiterun CTD FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid freakin patch my game was heavenly till all this crap

Same as many others here - rock solid stable on 1.4. Disasterous after 1.5 - CTDs on any cell change, especially Breezehome or Riften. Did as others have done in spent hours debuging and reconfiguring what was perfectly stable mod config under 1.4 only to have none of the clean install/build/re-builds make any difference. About to try the Win7 .exe backout to 1.4.

Love the game but utterly unimpressed with Bethesda's lack of quality control with Skyrim to-date.

Kudos for the awesome modding community that invariably will fix/workaround the issues.

My game suddenly constantly loses companions, fails to open up merchant menues or does not let me activate shrines.

Also it constantly downloads something (on Steam) as soon as I quit the game.

NOW I got a warning message:

[WETriggerScript <0009E164> getMyHoldFactionControllerMarker()

myHoldOwner property should be 1 or 2 - is 0

So...

Where do I find that to fix it - and what does the 1 or 2 stand for so that I could determine which should be correct?