Is it worth re-downloading Special Edition ?

MisterB1969

Now I know my system is subpar for Special Edition, I don't even have a decent processor.

And I am not looking to actually play, more so to keep my mods up to date for special edition.

Processor: Intel® Core i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70 GHz

Installed Ram: 8 gb

Graphics: NVIDIA FeForce GT 420

Yes, almost every necessary tools to make skyrim feel like oldrim got released a few days ago.

-Skse mods work.. most of em.

-Adults mods works just fine if you know where to find em.

-A new improved hdt engine for skyrim SE from hydrogen sama was released from her chinese website and it works only for smp physics mods.

Edited by pathtopower

Pathtopower explained EXACTLY why it's not worth downloading SE just yet.

ALMOST every tool necessary got released.

SKSE mods work... MOST OF THEM (SOME OF THE TIME, and you don't KNOW what's working and what isn't)

Adult mods work IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM

And a new HTD engine only works for CERTAIN MODS.

Posts are claiming people are dancing in the streets proclaiming "SKYRIM SE IS FIXED! HUZZAH!" and an hour later, 6 hours later, a day later they're reposting a sheepish "I can't get SE to run.". SE has ALWAYS been playable, if you're Gopher or Michael from Gamer Poets. But for most normally skilled modding players, it's not worth it yet. If you read through the Forum posts, you'll find a frightening number of people saying that the game loaded fine, and then crashed. Or it won't level up. Or your character melts in the rain. Or a pestilence has wiped out all of the men and goats in Riften. The game's not going anywhere... I'll wait until they have a STABLE fix. BTW, I downloaded it and got it to work (sort of)... but it's just not worth it.

Skyrim SE is absolutely worth playing, even with a half-working SKSE64. Quite a few mods that needed SKSE in Skyrim2011 and that have been correctly ported to SSE no longer need SKSE64.

And your CPU is okay-ish, as is your RAM amount. The only thing not quite up to the task is that GT-420 GPU. It's the second less powerful card in the 400 family with only the 410 being weaker. Not made for gaming. A lot will depend on the resolution you play in. 1080p will hardly work, even without any of the graphical ameliorations the game and mods have to offer. You'll need a GPU with at least a 60 at the end. In 2011 I ran the game without trouble on an MSI GTX460 HAWK.

Now I'm having a blast with an MSI RX470 GamingX 8GB. Not the most powerfull GPU but it has the game for breakfast in 1080p.

But hey, you won't know if you don't try.