⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Adding Collision to a mesh for Fallout 4 via NifUtilsSuite

KnorKater

I'm currently learning how to create meshes and add them to the game. While I successfullly managed to add a very basic custom object to the workshop and place it, it has no collision, so I'm currently following this guide to add such.

The idea seems to be that a simpler version of the original mesh is merged via NifUtilsSuite with the real one to serve as a collision box. Unfortunately that guide is for Skyrim, and every time I try to merge two meshes the program just stops working. I figure this has to do with the Nif settings somehow.

Judging by other threads about collision there seem to be only very few people actually creating their own collision that way, instead of puzzling it together from existing ones. I don't know if this is true, but if there happens to be someone here who does that, can you please tell me what I have to do differently for Fallout 4?

Also: Would it be alright for me to upload NifUtilsSuit here somewhere? It was very hard to find, and I'd like to make life a bit easier for anyone who might need it in the future.

fdgdfgdf.jpg

Thank you for reading. :)

Nobody, to my knowledge, can make collision using this. The blob was probably deciphered by jon, but until he releases some date for others to work on afraid you'll have to piece together or ask someone to help make one in max.

Thank you very much for the offer! Beware, tho, it's about that ship fom my other thread, and I need to finish stitching the holes, first. I'll pm you when it's ready for adding a collision, and I'll totally understand it if you change your mind and outright decline it.