Playing cross-gender

ElricOfGrans

I actually prefer cross-gender, and am quite proud of it.

I don't know why, but when I use a male character, unless it's a shooter, it's just boring.

I guess it's just in a video game, I can create a PERFECT girl.

I play as whatever I feel like at the time. I do have special OCs and they're a mix of genders, so I'm really not that bothered. It's not about sex or manliness or anything else like that. I do roleplaying as someone else, or myself if I feel like it. My characters are "them" and not me.

I like to play both, female then male. I also can create the perfect girl :tongue: and also playing Female at the moment in Skyrim, played khajiit male last play through. Edited by Thor.

I'm male and I mainly like to create male characters that look like me. But I have made female characters on a few rare occasions; my Fallout: New Vegas main character is female, partly because my Fallout 3 character already looked like me and I didn't feel like cloning him or making a random male character.

I am male, and guess what? I am gay as well. Most of us us detest the 'limp wristed fairies' as they give us a bad name. I mention this only due to the misconception of the original poster regarding gays.

I play male characters, primarily because I always have. Even back in the day when I played Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (paper and pencil), and was also a Dungeon Master. Playing a female character is beyond me.

As a male I never really played as a female character until Neverwinter Nights. Playing mainly RPG's I thought the male characters would be stronger and better at combat. I was wrong. Then along came Oblivion and my inner pervert was released! The first time I realised you could make the camera show a woman running forward with her breasts swinging away I was hooked. And that was the generic game, even before BBB. Now, every character I play is female, mainly for the eyecandy pervertment. Also playing as a female character is just...more interesting overall. Some games that have a male only character I don't even buy anymore. Being male and playing with a male character now feels a bit..gay. Plus the fact that I'm a sad loner means these characters are the closest thing to a real girlfriend that I'll ever have. BooHooHoo(runs away crying)

Irrespective of the game I play - and where it's possible - I play as a female (just better looking for starters), and see the "females" in the game as girlfriends, wives or lovers.

From Fable I and Fable III, to Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, and many others all of my companions have been women.

I used to deliberately kill all the males I came across and let the better sex live, I uh, mean the fairer sex live (in Fallout 3).

I tried playing as a guy in Fallout 3 on two occasions but it never quite worked for me ... they were to bland to look at ... until I discovered a mod that made guys look really hot, well deliciously hot ... and that was Breeze's FO3 Males.

I had this bare chested, tight butted super hottie criss-crossing the Wasteland with his big bazooka turning all the baddies into mush ...

Breeze did for girls what Dimon does for guys and girls ... turn them into characters we endear ourselves to ... for a long long long time :biggrin:

I played him right through the main storyline including all the DLC's ... he was so gorgeous that I actually kind of hoped that the whole Frankenstein thing could be turned into a reality :facepalm:

He did whatever I wanted, when I wanted and he never spoke back (lol) ... uh you get the picture ... and that was my "cross-gender" all time favorite.

Edited by Nintii

I mention this only due to the misconception of the original poster regarding gays.

I just want to make it clear: that was my perception when I was 13. I doubt I even knew what `gay' was back then. Since then, I have met many varied gay, lesbian and bi individuals and am not stuck on the stereotypes.

I am male, but i like to play female characters. I don't know why, it's just always been that way. I got some issues with myself in real life, and i usually "escape" them to virtual world and like to be complete different, maybe it's why i choose female characters. Though, in Skyrim, i like to play with male khajiit too.