Star control 2

thiosk2

That was an amazing game!

I never managed to come close to completing it though, even using several guides and many hours of practice. It was very hard.

The Ur-quan masters is actually a complete remake, not abandonware - its based on the original source code, but i think it also has the music etc from the 3DO remake of the original (not sure though).

• 1 year later...
Star Control 2 was a great game. Great atmosphere, good story, and even some humor. ;) I remember going off to VUX territory and farming the hell out of them, made a pile of credits from the salvage. Spathi ships were great for killing the VUX Intruders.

• 1 month later...

I remember hours upon hours of game play, trying to explore everything.

Still have the game and maps, along with my notes of what was where.

Might have to dig it out and see if I can get it running again.

• 7 months later...
Still have I all three star control parts in a box... was great, got through it tree times. Syreen babies rocks but don't use against Mycon Pod ships. Great Game

I am old fan of the Tex Murphy Mystery series, the first RPG I ever played. I still have them on my hard drive though running in dos box now. I never forgave EA for buying the rights from Access and killing the series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love SC1 and SC2 (SC3 was ok, but not as good). You can find a public domain melee-only version of SC called Star Control:Time Warp on the net, but support seems to be lagging. It allows you to melee with up to 20 players! It gets insane, and you have an extra button to set your 'focus' enemy so you can keep track of who your main target is. I've never gotten the network support to work correctly, but fighting multiple AIs can get crazy. There are multiple versions of the game that feature varying amounts of fan-based starships that they added, and some have or lack SC3 ship support.

I beat SC2 at least 6 times. The music was top-notch, the aliens well done and the ship combat was fast and fun.

Frungy is the sport of kings and make sure to *enjoy the sauce*! :thumbsup: