Multiple Games

UhlanB76

First a little background on the question: I am coming to PC from a PS4 version of FO4. I am very familiar with the vanilla version of the base game, having completed it a couple times. I have not played any of the DLCs or mods as I didn't have download bandwidth to support that. Very recently I moved to PC and was able to get a complete load of FO4 with all DLCs on my computer.

On the PS4, I could have at least 4, and possibly more games going at the same time. I could only play one at a time but, logging out and in as a another player was easy. Thus I could have games at various level of development or companions. Using profiles with mods seems just the opposite, one player in lots of conditions.

Is there any way to replicate the multiple player approach on the PC? If I create a 'new' game it seems like it is ready to overwrite everything already done.

What do you mean by multiple "player"? Multiple characters / safe games? If so, on PC you can have as many as you like. There is no limit.

If - on the other hand - you want to have multiple mod set-ups / have different mods for each character, then the best way to go would be to use the profiling feature of Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer. With that you can just switch profiles before you start the game and play with a different load order every time.

The best part about PC gaming - there is no limit :laugh:

Thanks for the response! I mean the first item. On the PS4, you choose a player and then load a game. I don't see anything like that on the PC. How do you set up a specific game, save it, and then come back later after creating others? Everything I see looks like the new game will overwrite what is already there.